Newman's LandingDun Morogh, just west of Coldridge Valley. The area holds one dilapidated human building and a dock. At the building there is an alcohol still, several open boxes of grain, and some bone piles. The dock itself features a sign reading "Newman's Landing", a table, several lanterns, and a sunken boat in the water below. The bones inside the house are all orc skeletons, with one lying in the fireplace. There are also several gnomish or goblin engineered-items scattered around. There is a white object on a southern table that appears to be a cup, with 2 letters and a hammer engraved on it.is a small area found on the western coast of
Newman's Landing can be reached by swimming or flying north from Westfall or Stormwind Harbor, or west and then south from the Wetlands. It is also accessible via walking atop (or flying over) the mountains of Dun Morogh.
Notes and trivia
- Originally, shift-clicking the name of a character standing in Newman's Landing would show them in the location "Unknown". In the guild roster, the location field would be a blank space. As of Patch 3.0.2, this location is now classed as Dun Morogh.
- Originally, dying in Newman's Landing or just north of it would have the player reappear in Menethil Harbor, in the Wetlands. Dying south of it would cause one to respawn in Sentinel Hill, in Westfall. This was despite the fact that both Wetlands and Westfall were both far away in different parts of the continent, were not connected to each other, and the nearest zone was Dun Morogh. As of Patch 4.0.3a, Newman's Landing is now entirely considered part of Dun Morogh.
- Trying to fish at Newman's Landing used to give the error "There are no fish here". Since patch 3.0.9, it is possible to fish there. Since patch 4.0.3a, the type of fish fished corresponds to those of Dun Morogh.
- There is a bug when aggroing the two goblin guards and disengaging them will cause them to not return to their position for a minimum of several hours, instead they run off to the direction of Booty Bay.
- It is possible that the owner of the house was slaughtered, as there is a skull impaled by an axe and stuck to the signpost, and piles of bones scattered around the house.
- Some speculate Newman's Landing to be an area where Alliance players are dropped when they first create a new character, just before the opening video sequence starts (thus the name Newman's Landing). Some undocumented anecdotes claim that if you stand at a certain spot you may notice level 1 characters appearing for a brief instant before they disappear; a /who query will then show them in the starting area of their race. This transition takes place so quickly that the new player does not even notice this area they are dropped in.