|Location||Southeastern Howling Fjord|
Nifflevar is a vrykul town belonging to the Dragonflayer clan, located high atop the cliffs surrounding Daggercap Bay in Howling Fjord. Sitting in the shadow of Utgarde Keep itself, the town is equipped with many harpoon guns of different sizes, all trained on the bay below. A large portion of Nifflevar's structures is built onto the cliff face.
During the war against the Lich King, Nifflevar was one of several vrykul strongholds in the area targeted by the Horde and Alliance as they pushed further into Northrend. In particular, the Forsaken of Vengeance Landing would assail the town's defenses to beat the Alliance to the prize. Thoralius the Wise here learned about the origin of humans.
- Dragonflayer Rune-Seers
- Dragonflayer Warriors
- Dragonflayer Raiders
- Valgarde Captives
- Dragonflayer Hunting Hounds
- Ancient Citizen of Nifflevar
Notes and trivia
- Despite its defenses, the resident vrykul don't actively attack any ships in-game.
- The name Nifflevar is likely a reference to Niflheim, the "mist home", one of the nine realms of Norse mythology.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.