- Nitro Boosts
- Requires Engineering
- Permanently attaches overpowered nitro boosts to your belt, allowing you to greatly increase run speed for 5 sec. They rarely explode violently, so don't worry about that.
The nitro boosts can only be activated every 3 minutes and require an Engineering skill of at least 400.
- Cast time: 5 sec
Nitro Boosts is an engineer-only permanent "enchant" to the engineer's belt. It will give a 5 second speed increase every 3 minutes. The actual speed increase is 150%, which is 50% more than an epic ground mount.
It can only be applied to a belt in the engineer's inventory, and applying it will cause the belt to become soulbound. The tinker stacks with.
Rocket Fuel Leak
This tinker has the possibility of a fuel leak, resulting in debuff that deals 80% of the engineer's health in damage over 8 seconds. Prior to this change, it would either launch the engineer into the air and provide a slow-fall buff on the way down, or deal 120% of the engineer's maximum health in damage, killing them instantly.
- These are very useful for getting some range between you and your target in Battlegrounds, but they do not work in Arenas.
- The speed effect is also very useful for quickly repositioning in PvE: to quickly avoid harmful effects, to close the gap between you and the boss so you can resume DPS, or to get within healing range of a distant raid member.
- Using these when carrying a flag will cause you to drop the flag.
- Using them in a raid is risky with fights that deal massive damage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Materials required changed.
- Hotfix (2011-04-29): Nitro Boosts now do 80% of the engineer's health in damage over 8 seconds when they fail due to a Rocket Fuel Leak, down from 120%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): No longer launches players up into the air, now gives a debuff that deals damage equal to 120% of the player's max health over 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now a belt enchant (was a boots enchant).
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer increases Critical strike rating, but can now be used alongside other enchants.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Duration of speed increased back to 5 seconds (from 2) and Critical strike rating raised from 16 to 24.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Duration of speed increase reduced from 5 seconds (to 2). Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3.