|Level||12 / 105|
Mists of Pandaria
Nomi is a boy who is ready and willing to learn cooking from the teacher when summoned by the . He offers a series of daily quests to help improve his cooking, beginning with Lesson 1 and eventually progressing to Lesson 5. Once Nomi has completed his learning, he will give a one-time quest to thank his teacher. From thereon, the adventurer will have access to the daily quest which rewards an and (contains a random skill level 600 food).
Once Nomi got old enough, he tried adventuring for a bit, but found cooking to be his passion. Now a teenager, he caught up with his old master in the Broken Isles with an offer to work together once again. Soon after, Nomi got work at a kitchen in Dalaran.
He's also not very good at hunting or fishing.
Battle for Azeroth
Along with Boss Mida and Micah Broadhoof, Nomi was sent to the Twilight Vineyards in Suramar City to assist in producing arcwine for the Horde. Vintner Iltheux put him in charge of gathering ingredients, a task he was ill-suited for as he simply fell asleep in the orchard. When Meerah and the Horde adventurer arrived at the vineyards to help with production in the hopes of allowing the vulpera to join the Horde, they reassigned Nomi to the more suitable role of creating the recipe for the wine. In order to make the arcwine appeal to the diverse palates of the Horde, Nomi made some slight changes to Iltheux's recipe and sent the adventurer to gather firebloom and moth fibers for the task. When the finished wine was brought to Iltheux, the nightborne praised it and stated he could not have done better himself.
Greetings, Master <name>. What are we cooking today?
What recipes do you sell?
Nomi appears as a legendary card in the Rise of Shadows expansion for Hearthstone. In reference to his habit of burning food and the memetic status he consequently gained with the playerbase during Legion (see below), Hearthstone's Nomi has the ability to summon an army of powerful Greasefire Elementals to aid the player. Nomi's flavor text reads: "His cooking is always very well done."
Notes and trivia
- In order to purchase the Cooking School Bell, the character needs to have completed the quest from Sungshin Ironpaw, which involves cooking all skill level 600 meals from all six Pandaren Cuisine cooking specializations.
- Nomi's cooking is tracked as a faction, however it is not counted as an actual reputation. Additionally, it uses the "Friendship" reputation system (8400 rep per rank) instead of the traditional reputation system.
- Like most pandaren child NPCs, one of Nomi's quotes as a cub is, "I'm growing a beard." However, much like adventuring, it seems Nomi changed his mind.
- Players who completed the Mists of Pandaria quest will receive the quest instead, in recognition of their past work with Nomi.
- Due to Nomi constantly burning food, he has received a lot of animosity from the player base in Legion and has become the subject of various memes.
- This resulted in Nomi becoming an attackable raid boss for one night, on March 10, 2017 on the patch 7.2.0 PTR as part of a server stress test. He had the ability to rain fires upon those daring to defy him, and had quotes from encounters from prominent members of the Burning Legion such as Lord Jaraxxus and Gul'dan.
|Cooking Bell||Faction||Dalaran||Cooking Impossible||Vulpera recruitment||Vulpera recruitment|