Novos the Summoner
|Level||65 - 82 Elite|
Novos was ever the opportunist and sought a means to rise above his mundane peers. The cultist carved his heart from his body and presented the still beating organ to his master seconds before his death. His initiative impressed his master who in turn remade him into a lich.
Phase 1: Army of the Dead
Novos the Summoner enters an Arcane Field and summons waves of undead to defend him. Novos remains in the Arcane Field until 4 Crystal Handlers are defeated.
- Arcane Field — Novos the Summoner surrounds himself in an Arcane Field, making him immune to damage. Entering the Arcane Field inflicts Arcane damage every second and reduces movement speed by 50%.
- Arcane Blast — Novos the Summoner blasts all players within 15 yards with magic, inflicting Arcane damage and knocking them back.
- Thunderclap — Hulking Corpses inflict Nature damage to nearby players, increasing the time between their attacks by 33% and slowing their movement speed for 6 sec.
- Fetid Troll Corpse — Fetid Troll Corpses mindlessly attack players.
Phase 2: Wrath of the Summoner
Novos the Summoners lowers his Arcane Field and attacks.
- Blizzard — Novos the Summoner calls down a blizzard that lasts 6 sec., inflicting Frost damage every 2 sec. to all players in the selected area.
- Frostbolt — Novos the Summoners hurls a bolt of ice at a player, inflicting Frost damage and reducing their movement speed for 4 sec.
- Wrath of Misery — Novos the summoner curses a player, inflicting Shadow damage every 2 sec. for 8 sec.
- Summon Minions — Novos the Summoner calls upon an army of Fetid Troll Corpses to assist him in battle.
He imprisons himself in an Arcane Field immediately after aggro-ing, which players must break during the fight in order to damage him. While he is shielded, the fight has several steps:
Novos will summon a constant flow of non-elite mobs (Fetid Troll Corpse and Risen Shadowcaster) and the occasional elite Wight (Hulking Corpse). Periodically, an additional caster (Crystal Handler) will be summoned which when killed will cause one of the crystals on the shield to go down. This has changed from being a lootable item used to drop the shield. When the shield is down, kill Novos! Move out of his Blizzard, decurse if possible and heal the random damage he inflicts to the party.
His spells can not be interrupted or Spell Reflected.
- The chill that you feel is the herald of your doom!
- Summoning adds
- Bolster my defenses! Hurry, curse you!
- Novos the Summoner calls for assistance!
- Phase 2
- Surely you can see the futility of it all!
- Kills a player
- Such is the fate of all who oppose the Lich King.
- Your efforts... are in vain.
- (Same as above)
- Just give up and die already!
- [Demonic] Parn raka xi ruk gul amanare
- Novos is voiced by Patrick Seitz.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.