|Race(s)||Dark iron golem (Mechanical)|
|Location||Stone Sentinel's Overlook, Blackwing Descent|
The bosses' starting positions are (from left to right if you are facing them from the entrance of the room) Magmatron, Arcanotron, Toxitron, and Electron.
The Omnotron Defense System was once touted as the Dark Iron dwarves' greatest technological marvel. When Nefarian arrived in Blackwing Descent, he repurposed the run-down system to annihilate anyone intruding on his laboratories.
- Power Generator — Summons a Power Generator under a random friendly target. This increases damage by 50% of all friendly and enemy targets within 5 yards. Also restores 250 mana (Heroic: 500) every .5 seconds. Lasts 1 minute. Instant cast
- Arcane Annihilator — Inflicts 48750 to 51250 (25: 58500 to 61500) Arcane damage to a random enemy target. Interruptible. Deals 102375 to 107625 damage on both Heroic formats. Interruptible. 1.5 sec cast
- Power Conversion — Power Conversion converts damage against the target to be converted into additional Magic damage and cast speed. Lasts 10 seconds. 1.5 sec cast
- Converted Power — The Converted Power increases magic damage done by 10% and increases cast speed by 10% for 30 sec. Stacks. Dispellable/stealable.
- Overcharged Power Generator — Nefarian converts a Power Generator to an Overcharged Power Generator. This increases damage by 100% of all friendly and enemy targets within 5 yards and restores 1000 mana every .5 seconds. However, it will start to grow in size until it explodes, causing Arcane Blowback.
- Arcane Blowback — The Power Blowback caused by the Overcharged Power Generator inflicts 146250 to 153750 Arcane damage to enemies within 0 yards.
- Lightning Conductor — Infects an enemy for 10 sec (Heroic: 15 sec), causing it to inflict 24375 to 25625 Nature damage to its nearby allies every 2 sec. Instant cast
- Electrical Discharge — Inflicts 29250 to 30750 (Heroic: 53625 to 56375) Nature damage to up to 3 enemies within 8 yards. Damage is increased by 20% between each jump. Instant cast
- Unstable Shield — Attacks against the Unstable Shield cause a Static Shock at a nearby enemy's location. Static Shock inflicts 58500 to 61500 Nature damage to enemies within 0 yards of the target. Lasts 10 seconds. 1.5 sec cast
- Shadow Infusion — The Lightning Conductor is being fused with shadow by Nefarius, causing a Shadow Infusion. Shadow Infusion causes shadow damage to all nearby friends, inflicting damage based on the distance from the Shadow Infusion. Randomly cast on the target of Lightning Conductor, lasts 5 seconds. When removed, also removes Lightning Conductor and causes Shadow Conductor.
- Shadow Conductor — Inflicts Shadow damage to all nearby players every 2 sec. Damage is increased the greater the distance away from the Shadow Conductor.
- Incineration Security Measure — The Defensive Measure inflicts 14625 to 15375 Fire damage every 1 sec for 4 sec. 1.5 sec cast
- Acquiring Target — Acquiring a target. After 4 sec Magmatron will begin to channel his Flamethrower on the target, inflicting 34125 to 35875 Fire damage every 1 sec to all enemies in front of him for 4 sec. Can be canceled with aggro/combat-dropping abilities such as Feign Death, Vanish, Invisibility, etc. Instant cast
- Barrier — Absorbs 150000 (25: 300000) damage and if the barrier is broken it releases a gale of flame, inflicting 73125 to 76875 Fire damage to all enemies. Lasts 10 seconds. 1.5 sec cast
- Chemical Bomb — Fires a Chemical Bomb at a random target, causing a Chemical Cloud at the location. Instant cast
- Chemical Cloud — The Chemical Cloud increases damage taken by anything (players and NPCs) in the cloud by 50% and on Heroic inflicts 14625 to 15375 Nature damage every 1 sec.
- Poison Protocol — The Poison Protocol creates a Poison Bomb every 3 sec (25: every 1.5 sec) that will explode after coming in contact with its target or after being killed. Instant cast, 9 sec channel
- Poison Bomb — Inflicts 146250 to 153750 (Heroic: 195000 to 205000) Nature damage to enemies within 0 yards. Cast when a Poison Bomb reaches its target.
- Poison Puddle — Inflicts 11700 to 12300 Nature damage every 1 sec. Spawned at the point where a Poison Bomb explodes.
- Fixate — The Poison Bomb is fixated on you! Poison Bombs are immune to taunt. Toxitron's current aggro target cannot be Fixated.
- Poison Soaked Shell — Applies Soaked in Poison on melee and spell attacks which inflicts 5000 Nature damage every 2 sec. Stacks. Lasts 10 seconds. 1.5 sec cast
- Soaked In Poison — Being Soaked In Poison inflicts 5000 Nature damage every 2 sec and causes spells and abilities to inflict 9750 to 10250 Nature damage to the target.
- Grip of Death — Pulls all nearby enemies to Lord Victor Nefarius' location. When Chemical Bomb is cast, Nefarian will sometimes teleport to the middle of the Chemical Cloud and cast this.
Berserk: On heroic Difficult, the Bosses will enrage after 10 minutes of Combat.
This is council encounter consisting of 4 golem bosses with a shared HP pool of 32M. There will only be two entities moving and using skills at a time. When a new golem is activated the old one will be granted a shield. This is there to encourage the dps to switch targets.
Players can stack them for extra damage from incidental AOEs, tank cleave, etc. The bosses do not do any cleaves, stacking buffs, or crazy AoEs that punish the tanks for this strategy. When the fight starts, only one golem is active. It has 100 stored energy, which starts draining as soon as you pull. Once the energy hits 50, another golem will "wake up" and join the fight. Once the first golem reaches 0, it shuts down, and a new one spawns. This continues in a cycle until you kill the boss.
- A "stream" from the back wall to the next golem will show you which one is spawning next. Get ready to pick that one up once your golem reaches about 3 or 4 energy. You will know what golem to expect based on the color of the stream. Don't stand in poison clouds, and don't let the boss stand in whirlpools.
- When you see "Acquiring Target" go off, Magmatron's target is about to take a lot of damage. A helpful red beam points to whoever is being targeted. The tanks are eligible targets as well. Get ready with preventive healing/shielding. If you are running low on mana, stand in a whirlpool for some nice regen.
- Stand in the whirlpools for a buff. Don't stand in the poison clouds. Kill any slimes that spawn (they spawn 3 at a time (6 in 25-man) and you get a raid warning). If a slime is targeting you, kite it (especially if you are melee). They can be slowed so use whatever abilities are available to your raid. When a boss casts their "shield" ability (look for keywords Barrier, Shield, Shell, or Absorption) switch targets immediately, or bad things happen. Special note for melee: Your tank might get hit with the "Lightning Conductor" debuff. Watch out for this. If that happens, get away from the tank ASAP as they will be hitting you with a big aoe.
- Spread out as much as you can. Don't stand in the bad stuff, but do stand in the good stuff. If you are targeted by Magmatron's "Acquiring Target" spell, stand there and take it (use damage reduction cooldowns if you have them; it will save the healer a lot of trouble).
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Hmm... the Omnotron Defense System. Centuries ago these constructs were considered the Dwarves' greatest tactical achievements. With so many counters to each construct's attacks, I'll have to rectify these designs for them to provide me any entertainment.
- Activating units
- Arcanotron unit activated.
- Electron unit activated.
- Magmatron unit activated.
- Toxitron unit activated.
- Activating unit shield systems
- Arcanotron unit shield systems online.
- Electron unit shield systems online.
- Magmatron unit shield systems online.
- Toxitron unit shield systems online.
- Acquiring flamethrower target
- Rerouting excess energy to Magmatron unit. Engage flamethrower device.
- Encasing Shadows
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: You would like to move away from that, wouldn't you? Too bad.
- Overcharged Power Generator
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Stupid Dwarves and your fascination with runes! Why would you create something that would help your enemy?
- Shadow Infusion/Shadow Conductor
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Lightning Conductor works much better in a crowd, yes?
- Grip of Death
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Were you planing on using Toxitron's chemicals to damage the other constructs? Clever plan, let me ruin that for you.
- System shuts down
- Defense systems obliterated. Powering down...
- Death on normal difficulty
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: That malfunctioning piece of junk was murder on the repair bills.
- Death on heroic difficulty
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: I should've known better than to rely on something so stupidly named... to entertain me for long.
- Unused quotes
- Intruders detected! Primary defense matrix initiated!
- World-first defeat of the encounter on Heroic 25-man difficulty achieved on 2010-17-12 by the guild Paragon of Lightning's Blade (EU).
- Omnotron Defense System was originally intended to be called Omnitron Council.
- Vagrant Corps, "Achieve-a-tron" achievement - 1080p
- Cause and Effect, on scree guide, voice chat, low in game sound
- MrGelowe Post Patch 4.2
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28):
- Health, Melee damage, Electrical Discharge damage, Lightning Conductor damage, Health of Poison Bomb, Incineration Security Measure damage, and Arcane Annihilator damage have all been reduced by 20%.
- Barrier absorb amount has been increased by 100%.
- The cooldown on Power Conversion (Converted Power chance) has been increased.
- Flamethrower damage has been reduced by 40%.
- Static Shock caused by Unstable Shield damage and Poison Bomb damage has been decreased by 50%.
- Hotfix (2011-04-27):
- Summoning combat pets/guardians should no longer cause any issues with the Omnotron Defense System golems becoming activated.
- Poison Bombs that Toxitron summons correctly prioritize ranged targets over melee targets first.
- Hotfix (2011-03-16): The Omnotron Defense System encounter has had its health reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty, and the damage of Incineration Security Measure has been reduced.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.