Only the Best Will Do
|Level||120 (Requires 120)|
Get everything needed to launch the expedition for Mechagon.
You heard Gazlowe. The boss wants this expedition to go smoothly. No cutting corners, no slush.
I know you've worked with Gallywix in the past. We don't run our operations like that.
Here's a list of who and what we're gonna need to pull this off. Don't worry, Gazlowe'll cover all the costs.
You will receive:
- 11 70
- 8,950 XP
Look, <name>, I ain't got time to hold your hand through all this. Figure it out or I'll find someone else who will.
This might be the best crew Gazlowe and I have ever assembled!
- Upon accept
- Skaggit says: Now let's see... yeah, Zuldazar should have everything we need.
- Gazlowe says: Good. Spare no expense, <name>. I want only the best.
- Approaching Ricket
- Ricket says: I told you I could improve your boat, Uraka!
- Uraka Wildthunder says: I don't know...
- Ricket says: Okay, okay, maybe the figurehead was a bit much. But the rest is golden. We're a great team!
- Speaking with Ricket
- Look at that beautiful boat. It's perfect!
- But like I was just telling Uraka, there's no point in being beautiful if you're not deadly.
- Everything's better with some goblin tech strapped on top of it!
Gazlowe found Mechagon!
- Ricket says: Say no more! If Gazlowe found Mechagon, I'm going with him.
- Ricket says: It's been a dream, Uraka, but you're gonna have to test drive our beautiful boat without me.
- Ricket says: I've no doubt you'll find ten ways to improve it before sundown. Do it all, and tell me all about it when I get back.
- Uraka Wildthunder says: I... will try not to undo your work. It is truly... unique.
- Ricket says: 'Course it is, hun. Just like me.
- Ricket says: Alright, <name>, I'll meet you and Gazlowe down at the docks. I've got a surprise I think you're gonna like!
- Ricket runs towards the port.
You mounted a telescope... on a boat?
- Well, technically, it's an oversized skyscope. But yeah, of course I did!
- And a rotating missile turret, an automated escape pod, an embedded generator, and of course a riveted goblin banner so everyone knows who masterminded all of these brilliant modifications!
- Uraka was skeptical when I proposed we work together on a new project, but I think we've created something truly amazing together!
- Mag'har and goblin tech, together at last!
- Approaching Shuga Blastcaps
- Shuga Blastcaps yells: Ahhh! Cut it out, you maniac!
- Quizla Blastcaps yells: Ha ha ha ha ha! Run, sister, run!
- Quizla Blastcaps says: Aww, I used up all my grenades...
- Shuga Blastcaps yells: Quizla! Stop wasting all MY grenades! And get out of my workshop!
- Speaking with Shuga
- You looking to buy something? I've got a sister, half-off right now. No warranties, no returns.
- Please, just get her out of here. She's driving me crazy!
Gazlowe needs supplies for a big expedition to Mechagon.
Is your sister wearing a Laughing Skull mask?
- Yeah, she met up with that crazy Kil'rip...
- <Shuga looks over at her shoulder and shouts loud enough for Quizla to hear.>
- ONE TIME and suddenly she thinks she's in the Laughing Skull clan"
- She's been insufferable ever since.
- Don't get me wrong, we sowed plenty of chaos together growing up in Kezan. But we were testing our engineering creations! That chaos had purpose.
- Now she's just chucking bombs into the wind for no reason except she thinks it's funny.
- We ain't learning anything from that.
Right... Well, good luck with that. Gazlowe needs supplies for a big expedition to Mechagon.
- Gazlowe thinks he's found Mechagon? He wouldn't be the first and I'd be surprised if he's the last.
- But, sure, I'll sell him anything he wants! What's he lookin' for?
- We've got explosives, rockets, fasteners, unfasteners, gadgets, wires, Kaja Cola, mystery supply boxes... Whatever you need!
- Free shipping on orders over 20 pounds!
He'll take everything you've got. It's a BIG job.
- Shuga Blastcaps says: Quizla, I got a job that'll keep you outta my hair for a bit!
- Shuga Blastcaps says: Gazlowe just bought out the shop. Wants everything we got delivered to his crew down in the harbor.
- Quizla Blastcaps says: Sure thing, sis. I'll start with your secret dynamite stockpiles. Where are they?
- Quizla jumps down, grabs a crate, and starts running towards the port. Shuga grabs bombs.
- Shuga Blastcaps says: Nice try, ya lil' booger. I'll handle anything that explodes. You carry the rest.
- Quizla Blastcaps says: Everything explodes if you throw it hard enough! Ha ha ha ha ha!
- Entering the Drunken Drummer
- Greasemonkey Hauler yells: Drums! More drums!
- Greasemonkey Union Rep yells: More drums and more drinks for everyone!
- Greasemonkey Laborer yells: Woohoo!
- Speaking with Greasemonkey Union Rep
- I saw you talkin' with the boss up at the work site.
- You here on business, or you just lookin' to have some fun with the crew?
- Gazlowe's got a new job for the crew.
- <The union rep sets her drink down on the table and frowns.>
- Yeah, I thought you were gonna say that...
- Listen here, bub. This crew just got done working overtime. They're enjoying some well-deserved R&R.
- Gazlowe's gonna have to shatter his whole piggy bank if he expects them back on site so soon.
- Gazlowe's on the same page. He's authorized immediate overtime pay.
- I don't have time for this. Get your crew on-site right now or you're all fired!
- Fired?! You sound like that fat ol' Gallywix. That cheapskate can't keep a good crew like ours on-site for a week!
- The union rep stands up tall and shoves her finger in your chest.>
- Listen here, cupcake. Gazlowe don't run his crews like that.
- We got a union and we got rights!
- If Gazlowe wants us to work, he knows he's gotta negotiate with us.
- He wouldn't send you here to threaten us. So what are you up to?
- Okay, I lied. Gazlowe's authorized overtime pay.
- That ain't gonna be enough this time.
- What's the point of overtime pay if you never get a vacay to spend it on!
- Nah nah, goldpockets. You and Gazlowe gotta offer up somethin' special for the crew this time.
- Gazlowe also authorized hazard pay for the whole crew.
- I'm getting tired of negotiating...
- Tough cookies, sweetcheeks!
- You think YOU'RE tired after negotiatin' for two minutes? This CREW's tired after working all week!
- Gazlowe's always been good to us, so I don't know what he was thinking sendin' a two-lipped goon like you down with nothin' but mush for brains.
- You better wise up, or better yet, get outta here and tell Gazlowe to send someone who isn't Gallywix's brain-twin to talk things through with us.
- I, uh, guess I forgot that Gazlowe also authorized hazard pay for the whole crew.
- <The union rep smirks and nods her head.>
- Now we're gettin' somewhere. Triple the normal pay... I can sell the crew on that. Look, everybody on the crew loves Gazlowe. He takes good care of us, so we're gonna take care of whatever he needs.
- But I'm gonna need one more thing to get the whole crew onboard. Somethin' small, but it's gotta be flashy.
- Robot pup mascot for the crew... and you can name it!
- Weekly beach party on Mechagon's sandy shore!
- Free popsicles with almost no natural flavors!
- Pink flamingo lawn ornament for every worker!
- Free barbecue... No, donuts! Maybe... barbecued donuts?
- Joyrides in Gazlowe's shredder!
- Pin the chin on the[sic] Gallywix!
- Gazlowe'll cover everyone's tab here!
- Yep, that'll work. You can tell Gazlowe that he's got himself a deal.
- <The union rep spits in her hand and offers it to you.>
- <It ain't official 'til we shake.>
- <Spit in your hand and shake hers.>
- The union rep walks in a circle.
- Greasemonkey Union Rep yells: Last call, Greasemonkeys!
- Greasemonkey Union Rep yells: The boss got another job for us. We leave in five!
- Greasemonkey Laborer says: But we just got done workin'!
- Greasemonkey Union Rep yells: Gazlowe's giving us triple pay for the whole job! Anyone wants to miss that can stay behind and drink alone!
- Greasemonkey Laborer says: Whoa whoa, I ain't said nothin' about missing triple pay. Sign me up!
- Greasemonkey Union Rep yells: Your union reps'll give you details on the way. For now, bottoms up!
- Greasemonkey Laborer says: To Gazlowe... and triple pay!
I'm just here to party!
- The player drinks alcohol.
- Then let's party, sweetcheeks!
- <The union rep shoves a drink in your face and forces you to drink it while she leads the crew in a chant.>
- On return
- The Greasemonkey goblins are near Gazlowe. Some of the laborers are flying towards and from the Greasy Eel, carrying supplies.
- Skaggit yells: Get those supplies on the sub! Move it!
- Gazlowe says: I owe you one, Ricket. This boat's a beaut.
- Ricket says: Told you it would be.
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.