|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.2.2 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- This article is about the original 40-man version of Onyxia's Lair. For the 10 and 25-player versions of the raid introduced in patch 3.2.2, see Onyxia's Lair.
|Onyxia / Ony / Onx / OL|
Onyxia's Lair loading screen
|Location||Wyrmbog, Dustwallow Marsh|
The original incarnation of the instance was one of two raid dungeons available upon release of World of Warcraft, the other being Molten Core. In patch 3.2.2 the instance was retuned as a raid dungeon for level 80 players in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary. The original 40-man version is no longer accessible. Players who had completed it obtained for their efforts upon the revamp.
- Main article: Onyxia's Lair Attunement
Prior to patch 3.0.2, a was required to enter Onyxia's Lair.
- Main article: Onyxia's Lair loot (Classic)
Notable among Onyxia's loot were the tier 2 headpieces.
- Trash mobs
- The Comic establishes that canonically, Varian Wrynn and his allies raided the Lair and killed Onyxia at the end of The Burning Crusade events, not the adventurers during vanilla. The comic events were later partially mentioned in Night of the Dragon and the Ultimate Visual Guide books and reconfirmed in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Removed and replaced with a new, retuned version for 10-25 level 80 characters.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Characters dying in the instanced portions of Onyxia's Lair will now correctly receive a corpse marker in the minimap and see the message letting them know that they need to enter the instance before they will be able to resurrect.
- Patch 1.2.2 (2005-02-15): Onyxia correctly hovers instead of standing in midair.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.