- For other uses, see Mechagon (disambiguation).
|End boss||King Mechagon|
Operation: Mechagon is a megadungeon located in Mechagon Island. The goal of the dungeon is to be similar to Return to Karazhan, a long and dangerous Mythic-only dungeon that is split into two parts, it possesses 8 bosses, the first 4 bosses are located outside on the island with the second half located inside within Mechagon City.
Prince Erazmin leads a group of unlikely allies on a desperate mission into the heart of Mechagon. In a race against time, they must overcome King Mechagon's army of mechanized monstrosities and defeat the mad genius before his doomsday device purges all organic life from Azeroth.
After years of absence, King Mechagon decided that the time had come to remove the Curse of Flesh from all titan creations. He was busy creating the Mechoriginator, a machine he had been perfecting in order to achieve his goal. Not wanting to see his father's plan come to fruition, Prince Erazmin began to secretly plan a revolt against him. His plans were unfortunately discovered when the gnome, Kervo Cogpipe, told the king of his betrayal. With no other choice, Prince Erazmin fled to Rustbolt with all those who supported him.
After days of preparation, the time had come to launch the assault. Erazmin wanted to get deep in the city and sent his allies to retrieve a remote from the flying HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit. In order to retrieve the remote, the aerial unit needed its protection nodes removed to become vulnerable. The allies defeated Trixie Tazer, Naeno Megacrash, Gunker, and King Gobbamak, which allowed Erazmin to disable the nodes.
Once the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit returned to base for a recharge, the allies attacked and destroyed it, allowing them entrance into the city.
Once inside, the champions ended up in the Robodrome, where they were made to participate in a death match against the Tussle Tonks. Victorious, they ventured deeper into the city until they found themselves in The Under Junk, where they fought against K.U.-J.0.. Moving forward, they entered a heavily defended area where Head Machinist Sparkflux placed his mechanized defenses. Once he was defeated, the group finally faced off against King Mechagon at The High Tinkertory, where the mechagnome king was finally put down.
Maps and subregions
- King Gobbamak - Obsessed with hoarding dangerous technology found amongst the scrap, King Gobbamak sits upon a pile of doomsday weapons that he lacks the intelligence to operate or understand.
- Gunker - After years of coalescing into a concentrated cesspool, Mechagon's toxic waste has gained malevolent sentience. With the sanitation systems disabled, Gunker is free to ooze across all of Azeroth.
- Trixie & Naeno - Trixie and Naeno, two of Bondo's top lieutenants, have a turbulent relationship. While Trixie prides herself on ruthless efficiency, Naeno is the embodiment of chaos while behind the wheel. The only thing they have in common is their penchant for senseless violence, which they enjoy dispensing on anyone foolish enough to wander into their territory.
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit - Predator of the skies, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit soars over the yard executing its prime directive, disintegrating all trespassers. With impenetrable armor and a lethal host of weapons, it annihilates all who are caught in its shadow.
- Tussle Tonks - Mechagon's premier mechgineers test their mettle (and metal) by building customized combat robots. While these tonks typically battle each other for glory, they combine their efforts to repel foolhardy organic intruders who dare venture into Mechagon.
- K.U.-J.0. - As the respository for the city's refuse, the Under Junk is a prime target for gnomes from Bondo's gang who intend to steal valuable mechanical components. While Trash Mistress Wendy Cogsworth ceaselessly sorts the city's junk, her loyal guard dog, K.U.-J.0., keeps out unwelcome intruders--mechagnomes and adventurers alike.
- Machinist's Garden - Beautiful and dangerous, Head Machinist Sparkflux's metallic gardens are designed for both recreation and retribution. With a flick of a switch, the idyllic scenery transforms into a death trap from which no interloper can escape.
- King Mechagon - As maniacal as he is brilliant, King Mechagon despises all organic life. With his mechoriginator primed and ready, nothing stands in the way of his scheme to purge the curse of flesh from Azeroth and mechanize the entire world.
- Entering the instance
- Prince Erazmin says: To prevent my father from eradicating all organic life, we need to gain entry into his subterranean fortress city.
- Prince Erazmin says: Luckily, the flying mechanical terror that patrols this region has a control module that can open the gates.
- Prince Erazmin says: Assaulting it head-on would be ill-advised, but disabling its remote power nodes should render it vulnerable.
- Prince Erazmin says: The nodes are scattered throughout the junkyard. I've calibrated my sensors to detect them when you're in proximity.
- Gazlowe says: So we're going to root around through the garbage, looking for nodes that may not even be there?!
- Gazlowe says: All while avoiding a flying death machine, so that we can break into a fortress that has even MORE death machines?!
- Prince Erazmin says: Your assessment is accurate.
- Approaching the Toxic Monstrosity
- Prince Erazmin says: A power node must be located within that slime.
- Prince Erazmin says: You will have to sanitize the area in order to access it.
- Approaching the Scrapbone Den
- Prince Erazmin says: I'm detecting a power node within that trogg den.
- Prince Erazmin says: I doubt they will relinquish it willingly.
- King Gobbamak yells: You come to steal treasures?!
- King Gobbamak yells: Troggs! Bring me their skulls!
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit yells: Deploy the reinforcements!
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit yells: Reinforcements to these coordinates!
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit yells: All cannons, fire!
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit yells: Weapons free!
- Walkie Shockie X1 says: Emergency detonation imminent.
- Walkie Shockie X1 says: Self-destruct sequence initiated.
- Walkie Shockie X1 says: Activating internal explosives.
- Trogg king defeated
- Prince Erazmin says: I will deactivate the node. Move with haste and locate the others.
- Approaching Bondo's Yard
- Prince Erazmin says: Remain alert. The flying menace has altered its trajectory.
- Prince Erazmin says: Its flight path will take it over the Heaps. I suggest avoiding that area.
- Prince Erazmin says: There appears to be a power node within the vicinity of the scrapyard.
- Prince Erazmin says: You will need to employ violence.
- Trixie Tazer yells: What have we here? You folks must be lost!
- Trixie Tazer yells: Not to worry, I'll fix you right up!
- After Naeno and Trixie
- Prince Erazmin says: The junkers are no longer a threat. I can disable the node.
- Prince Erazmin says: Proceed with caution. Mechagon's war machine appears to be changing course.
- First three bosses defeated
- Prince Erazmin says: With that creature neutralized, I can deactivate the node.
- Prince Erazmin says: Exemplary work! With the power nodes inert, the machine will return to its hub to recharge.
- Prince Erazmin says: Now is our chance to disable it and acquire the access code.
- Gila Crosswires says: By shutting down the power grid, Tinkmaster Overspark has turned the hunter into the hunted.
- Tinkmaster Overspark says: Splendid, Gila! But make sure you include a passage about my rugged fortitude.
- Tinkmaster Overspark says: My readers deserve to know that I'm more than just my incredible brain!
- After defeating HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Prince Erazmin says: In order to stop my father, we need to infiltrate the city itself. And that means passing through... the Robodrome.
- Entering the arena
- Deuce Mecha-Buffer yells: Now this is a statistical anomaly! Our visitors are still alive!
- Deuce Mecha-Buffer yells: Time to introduce them to the legends of the Tussle Tonks arena!
- Deuce Mecha-Buffer yells: The Platinum Pummeler and Gnomercy 4.U.!
- Deuce Mecha-Buffer yells: Let's get mobilized for mayhem!
- Prince Erazmin says: The city's entrance is located just past this arena.
- Prince Erazmin says: You must hold your ground until we can clear a path to it.
- Gazlowe says: No sweat, pal. I'm putting twenty large on Gnomercy!
- Gila Crosswires says: But... if they win, won't we be dead?
- Gazlowe says: If I can't bet on a sure thing, then I ain't really living!
- Entering the city
- King Mechagon says: Attention citizens. Please remain in your domiciles.
- King Mechagon says: Guards are currently en route to quell the disturbance.
- King Mechagon says: So, you dismantled a few of my lesser inventions.
- King Mechagon says: Let us see how you fare against something more advanced.
- King Mechagon says: So, you possess a modicum of skill.
- King Mechagon says: It will prove insufficient against my newest prototype!
- King Mechagon says: Sparkflux! The invaders have made it past the outer defenses.
- King Mechagon says: I want their stench removed from my city!
- Head Machinist Sparkflux says: I have activated all civic defenses, my king.
- Head Machinist Sparkflux says: Rest assured, these organisms will be expunged from our metropolis.
- Prince Erazmin says: Do not allow these bots to detect you.
- Prince Erazmin says: Remaining within the steam will shield you from their sensors.
- After the Machinist's Garden
- Prince Erazmin says: We can commandeer that transport to access Mechagon's tower!
- King Mechagon says: So my misguided son returns. I'm impressed you made it this far.
- Prince Erazmin says: You are no longer my father. Just a malfunctioning machine that must be shut down.
- King Mechagon says: Poor child. If only you could accept the truth.
- King Mechagon says: The curse of flesh has run rampant across Azeroth, and I will replace it with mechanical purity.
- After Mechagon's death
- Prince Erazmin says: The mechoriginator has been destroyed... and so has my father.
- Prince Erazmin says: You have my gratitude, heroes. Know that King Mechagon's vision of the world is not one my people share.
- Prince Erazmin says: We must now focus on rebuilding. But if you ever require our assistance, you need only request it.
- Gazlowe says: Huh, this partnership wasn't half bad. Reminds me how profitable working with you Alliance mooks can be.
- Gila Crosswires says: Thanks to Tinkmaster Overspark's leadership, the threat of world annihilation was averted.
- Tinkmaster Overspark says: Oh! Don't forget to mention my technical prowess in dismantling those mechanical monstrosities!
- Gila Crosswires says: Of course, sir!
|Quest name||Quest giver||Zone location|
|Prince Erazmin||Rustbolt, Mechagon Island|
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.