|Title||Fire-God of the Yaungol, the Burning One|
|Race(s)||Yaungol demigod (Humanoid)|
|Location||Ordon Sanctuary, Timeless Isle|
Ordos was once a shaman of the Yaungol who sacrificed himself to the flame, following the promises of the Fire Lords, in order to become a demigod. His flesh is eternally seared with fires, putting him in endless agony. Yaungol Fire-Keepers ritualistically set themselves ablaze to emulate the ascension of Ordos, and cast enchantments and prayers to ease his pain.
- Magma Crush — Inflicts 600,002 Fire damage, split evently amongst all players withnin 20 yards of the target.
- Burning Soul — Inflicts 6,000 Fire damage every 1 sec. for 10 sec. On expiration, the player explodes, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players withnin 8 yards and knocking them up.
- Pool of Fire — Creates a pool of fire that inflicts 4,500 Fire damage every 1 sec.
- Ancient Flame — Summons an orb that inflicts 4,000 Fire damage to the nearest player every 2 sec. and increases Fire damage taken by 5% for 10 sec.
- Eternal Agony — After 5 minutes, Ordos channels all of his power into a massive ball of magma, inflicting 36,000 Fire damage to all players every 1 sec.
Ordos has a 5 minute enrage timer, in which he will start casting Eternal Agony. The raid as a whole must do at least 2,181,000 DPS to avoid the enrage timer. Tanks should pull him to a corner of the room to allow more room to avoid and reduce the area size of Pool of Fire. Melee stay behind Ordos. Everyone should stay within 20 yards of your tank so that Magma Crush's damage is distributed evenly among all players, as this can kill tanks and melee DPS quickly. Burning Soul will inflict a fire DoT on the target, and the target should move away from the raid, out of the range of Magma Crush if need be, as they will explode dealing fire damage to those around them and get knocked up in the air. This ability is functionally similar to Baron Geddon's Living Bomb. Pool of Fire is a large AOE fire ring that will deal fire damage to anyone standing in the ring. Pull Ordos to the opposite corner of the arena when this is cast, and don't stand in the fire. The main ability that needs coordination from raiders is Ancient Flame, which will deal fire damage to the nearest player and will place a stacking debuff which increases fire damage taken every 2 seconds. When you get 4 to 5 stacks, have another player step in and take stacks. With proper coordination, 2 people can handle the orb. He has a quick respawn timer, so the raid should leave his area after he is looted.
Players involved in a successful Ordos kill will have a chance of looting one of the following items, and can use a for an additional chance. Should players not win loot, they will receive a instead. Players can only receive loot or use a bonus roll for Ordos once a week.
- My pain... is endless...
- The flames... never cease...
- I burn... for all time...
- You will take my place on the eternal brazier.
- Ancient Flame
- Your flesh will melt.
- Pool of Fire
- You will feel but a fraction of my agony.
- Burning Soul
- Eternal Agony
- Your pain will be endless.
- Killing Player
- Up in smoke.
- The eternal fire will never be extinguished.
- This is the first world boss to require players have an item before they could interact with it.
- The was most likely sacrificed to him by the Ordon.
- His weapon is the same model and skin as the .
- Many of Ordos's drops are named after players who are or have been active in the WoW theorycrafting community.
- Ordos is voiced by Brian T. Delaney.
- The Ordos Desert in the Chinese region of Inner Mongolia may have been the origin of the character's name, drawing from both the Mongolian-like culture of the yaungol and the heat of the desert.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-15): The damage dealt by several of Ordos's abilities has been reduced.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Access to Ordon Sanctuary or eligibility for loot from Ordos no longer requires players to have completed the Legendary Cloak questline.
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot.
- Hotfix (2014-01-29): Resolved an issue that could cause Ordos to be stuck in evade. For targets that Ordos cannot reach, he will now summon them to him.
- Hotfix (2013-10-03): Players should no longer be incorrectly flagged as having defeated Ordos for the week if the player tapped him and went offline or entered an instance.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.