|Release date||May 12, 2022|
|Patches • Patches category|
Patch 2.5.4a is what Wowpedia is calling the fourth patch of World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic, to separate it from the Zul'Aman patch notes. It is focused on Patch 2.4.0: Fury of the Sunwell.
Join the Shattered Sun Offensive and more on May 10
- Fresh from his defeat in Outland, Kael'thas Sunstrider returned to the blood elf city of Silvermoon. Rather than lead his people to glory as he had promised, the disgraced prince betrayed them. Kael'thas plots to use the legendary Sunwell, source of the blood elves' magical power, to summon the demon lord Kil'jaeden into Azeroth. It is up to you to stop him.
The combined forces of Shattrath have launched an attack on the Isle of Quel'Danas, to confront Kael'thas and the Legion at the Sunwell and surrounding areas. You're now able to gain reputation with the Shattered Sun Offensive and participate in a new set of daily quests.
At first, the Shattered Sun's forces will be limited as you help them resist the Legion's unrelenting assault. The Isle of Quel'Danas effort advancement depends on your whole realm completing quests and aiding the efforts—so be sure to do your part! As your realm continues to assist the Shattered Sun Offensive, fresh reinforcements will arrive, offering goods and services, in addition to new daily quests.
Once the staging area is fully reinforced, you'll gain access to many helpful allies. Recruit the services of blacksmiths for repairs, innkeepers, alchemists, vendors for profession patterns, and gain access to new vendors—whose goods include epic gear and epic gems.
Conquer the Arena in Burning Crusade Classic Season 4
After the regional weekly maintenance starting on May 10, a new Arena Season will begin. Defeat your enemies in glorious combat to earn fabulous rewards. At the end of Season 4, qualifying players will receive a unique title () as well as a unique mount (the fearsome ). As with the original release of The Burning Crusade, some items in Season 4 will have a personal rating requirement you must attain before you can purchase them. These are:
- Brutal Gladiator Shoulders (requires 2000 personal rating)
- Brutal Gladiator Weapons (require 1850 personal rating)
- Guardian's Boots (requires 1700 personal rating)
- Guardian's Rings (requires 1650 personal rating)
- Guardian's Bracers (requires 1575 personal rating)
Note that there's no continued rating requirement to equip these items, only to purchase them. Also note that items from previous Seasons (Vengeful Gladiator, Merciless Gladiator, Gladiator, and Vindicator's Honor gear) do not have any rating requirements and can be purchased as soon as you accrue enough currency to obtain them.
Enter the Sunwell Plateau on May 12
- The glorious fount of arcane energy known as the Sunwell empowered the high elves for millennia, until the death knight Arthas laid siege to the elven kingdom and corrupted its sacred energies. Seeing no other alternative, a band of survivors led by Prince Kael'thas destroyed the ancient fount. Over time the surviving elves fell prey to a crippling magical withdrawal.
- Now, promising salvation for his people, Kael'thas has returned. Soon the Sunwell will shine once again, but whether the sacred fount will usher in deliverance or destruction remains to be seen.
New 25-player raid: Sunwell Plateau
Kil'jaeden, one of the leader of the demonic Burning Legion, has been summoned to Azeroth by the returned blood elf prince Kael'thas. Gather your allies to stop Kael'thas mad scheme and restore the Sunwell to its former glory.
- Raid bosses: 6 (Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, The Eredar Twins, M'uru, Kil'jaeden)
- Level: 70
- Location: Isle of Quel'Danas, Eastern Kingdoms
There is no attunement required to enter the instance. Unlike its original release, Sunwell Plateau will have all bosses available from the start.