|“Wrath of the Lich King”|
Wrath of the Lich King login screen
|Release date||November 4, 2008|
|Interface .toc||30000 (changes)|
|Patches • Patches category|
Patch 3.0.3 was released on November 4, 2008 and contains minor bug fixes and balance adjustments in preparation for the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion release on November 13, 2008.
- Removed as criteria for the meta achievement.
- : Players below level 50 can now benefit from this effect.
- Resilience: The damage reduction component of resilience has been increased from 2 times the critical strike chance reduction to 2.2 times the critical strike chance reduction. In addition, the maximum damage reduction to a critical strike from resilience has been increased from 30% to 33%.
- Druid talents points have been refunded. Players will need to visit a class trainer to relearn spells and abilities.
- The is now available on the trainer at level 71, requiring 300 riding skill, and learned.
- : The interrupt from this ability will now work on targets who are immune to the stun.
- : Now clears the cooldown on (Bear).
- and (Balance) reduced from 5 ranks each to 3 ranks each.
- : Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
- : Cooldown changed to 8 sec.
- : Tooltip corrected to indicate it does not affect hit chance with spells.
- : This ability will no longer give chances to trigger Omen of Clarity.
- : Will no longer be triggered by the Honorless Target buff gained when entering the world.
- will no longer be on the Global Cooldown.
- : now benefits correctly from talent.
- : Ranks 5 and 6 have had their damage bonus decreased.
- : Added to and talent.
- : Now increases your pet's expertise by 5/10. (No longer increases the pet’s chance to hit.)
- Aspects now have a shared cooldown category of 1 sec and no longer have a start cooldown.
- : New aspect added that combines the benefit of and , available at level 75 and 80.
- Aspect of the Monkey: The Dodge chance has been increased from 8% to 18%.
- : The per attack mana regeneration has been reduced by 50% but this ability now generates 4% of maximum mana every 3 sec. In addition, the per attack regeneration now also works on melee attacks.
- now fails if you're rooted and is no longer on the global cooldown. Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds and no longer requires a target, though the hunter has to be in combat.
- : The attack power bonus from this talent now applies properly to Hunter pets. In addition, the bonus attack power will now be recalculated properly from equipping items.
- : This talent no longer causes incorrect mana costs when interacting with the and talents.
- Mana cost of Disengage has been lowered to 5% of base mana, down from 14%.
- : The mana gained from using this talent with is now 1/3 of the normal amount per critical strike (but gets 3 opportunities per cast.)
- : Explosive Shot can now only trigger this talent when it is initially fired.
- Windfury Totem and Improved Icy Talons no longer affect ranged haste.
- : The additional crit bonus is now consumed immediately on cast of a travel time spell, so it is no longer possible to make two spells benefit from one charge. (Ex. followed by Fireblast.)
- : no longer receives double the intended critical strike bonus from .
- : Now consumes extra mana as intended when living Bomb gets a critical strike.
- : No longer reduces the cooldown on Deep Freeze.
- : Now consumes a charge of when used.
- : Now works properly when mages with this talent use the ability on each other.
- : The periodic damage effect from Rank 2 of this spell now benefits from spell power gains.
- : Mana cost reduced to be the same as .
- : Now works with Living Bomb.
- : This talent no longer prevents ranks 2 and 3 from dealing triple damage against frozen targets.
- Reduced the mana cost of , , , , , and .
- : Now works correctly when the Mage also knows the Molten Fury Talent.
- : No longer increases critical strike damage on Judgements, , and , instead increases all damage done by those abilities by a smaller amount.
- The bounce distance has been reduced to 10 yards (from 15).
- The epic ground mount is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
- : Rank 8 points increased slightly to prevent from being overwritten by 8 that has a shorter duration (also applies to 3.)
- : It is no longer possible to have both Blessing of Sanctuary and active on a target at the same time.
- : No longer applies damage bonus twice to critical strikes.
- : This spell's duration is no longer affected by haste.
- : Rank 1 of this ability will now correctly determine its chance of remove stun.
- now increases range by 15/30 (was 10/20).
- : No longer breaks crowd control effects.
- : The interrupt from this ability will also be redirected when the stun is redirected. In addition, the interrupt will now work on targets immune to stun.
- : Tooltip corrected to indicate it does 4 times weapon dps instead of 3.
- : Now can't be used until the target is below 20% health.
- (Holy) now affects too, reducing its cast time down to zero and can be used while moving.
- Judgements: The debuffs from , , and will no longer be applied if the Judgement spell itself misses.
- : Haste increased to 3/6/9/12/15%.
- : Mana gained reduced from 33% to 15% of base mana.
- : Mana gained reduced to 1% of maximum mana and proc frequency cut by 50%.
- PvP duration reduced to 6 sec.
- cooldown has been lowered to 8 sec (was 15 sec).
- : No longer increases critical strike damage on Judgements and , instead applies a DoT effect similar to .
- : Tooltip for Judgement damage was incorrect and has been fixed.
- : Now correctly benefits Judgements of Command, Blood, and The Martyr.
- now also reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3%.
- : Now only consumes one charge of per cast.
- : Charge no longer consumed by spells with a base cast time that is instant.
- : The bonus coefficient has been increased to be on par with other DoT spells. Base damage on ranks 7, 8, and 9 decreased to partially compensate for better scaling.
- : This talent now also reduces the cooldown of your spell by 6/12/18/24/30%. With 5 points applied, it takes Prayer of Mending's cooldown from 10 sec to 7 sec.
- : Now can be refreshed properly on self after logging in and out or zoning. (Also applies to .)
- : A target may now have only one Guardian Spirit active.
- Healing Focus: Now works properly with Penance.
- : No longer improves Divine Spirit after untalenting sometimes.
- : Now works properly with Mind Flay, Mind Sear, and Penance.
- : Will no longer stack with other raid spell power buffs.
- : , , and cast in Shadowform deal increased damage percentage equal to the player’s chance to get a spell crit on their target.
- : The self-damage from this spell can no longer be reflected or redirected.
- : The Spell power coefficient has been doubled and no longer triggers Replenishment when other priests cast .
- : Now only works with autoattacks (no more .)
- changed to be castable with no targets, further improved the visual affect and it no longer plays an impact on the caster. Now benefits correctly from the talent.
- : Instead of making the rogue untargetable, now causes all players to lose targeting on the rogue and the rogue to be unstoppable during its duration.
- : Duration of this effect no longer reduced by other effects that reduce disarm duration.
- : The cooldowns on , , , , , Pickpocket, and are no longer increased while this ability is activated.
- : Percentage of damage from attack power raised from 45% to 50%.
- : Now grants the proper number of charges when it triggers.
- Improved Fire Nova Totem: Increases the damage done by your by 10/20% and your Fire Nova totem has a 50/100% chance to stun all targets damaged by your Fire nova Totem for 2 sec.
- : The base damage has been increased by approx. 10%.
- : Tooltips corrected to correctly describe the chance for this talent to be triggered.
- Riptide: The initial heal amount has been increased on ranks 3 and 4 and periodic healing has been increased on all ranks.
- : Other shamans can no longer consume charges of your Stormstrike, and each shaman can have their own stormstrike on the victim.
- Storm Reach is now called "" and now includes Lava Burst.
- : Mana gain has been increased to 8%.
- : Now correctly applies its critical strike bonus to .
- will now also proc with .
- The epic ground mount is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
- : The buffs from this ability will now be retained properly when logging out or zoning.
- : This talent no longer gives excessive threat to the Warlock's Voidwalker.
- : Increased the critical strike bonus for both the Warlock and pet.
- : Now properly reduces threat on and .
- : Rank 6 now properly deals additional damage to targets below 25% health.
- Emberstorm (warlock talent): Increased the fire damage bonus.
- : The cooldown has been changed to 8 sec down from 10 seconds, and refreshing the Haunt will trigger the heal from the existing Haunt. This ability will no longer heal for incorrect amounts or fail to heal when the Haunt damage was the killing blow.
- : The Infernal is now usable indoors and the tooltip has been updated.
- Master Demonologist (Felhunter) will now also reduce damage taken by Holy.
- : Now works correctly even when the Warlock already has a pet (dismissed the existing pet.)
- : Damaged increased approx. 75%. Coefficients unchanged.
- : Now works on ranks 1-4 and stacks properly with multiple applications.
- : Increased the shadow damage bonus
- (Demonology): Increased from 15% to 20%.
- : Grants only attack power (as intended) and recalculates the bonus immediately upon learning any rank of the talent.
- : Now breaks all snares and roots on the warrior when activated.
- : Cooldown reduced to 5 sec. Percentage of damage from attack power raised from 45% to 50%.
- : Now works properly with Heroic Throw.
- : No longer gains increased damage from the warrior's agility.
- changed to 10/20%.
- : Can now be triggered by off-hand Whirlwind damage.
- : Damage has been adjusted to be less base and more weapon based.
- Rend: Ranks 9 and 10 now do 35% more damage when the target is above 75% health instead of 4 times damage when the target is enraged.
- : Now has 3/6/9% chance on hit instead of 10/20/30% chance on crit.
- : Changed to 5% penalty.
- : Now properly transfers threat generated by heals.
- The level requirements required to train gathering skills have been removed.
- : Now reduces mana cost by 20% instead of increase damage on stunned and incapacitated targets.
- : Now extends duration by 6 sec and prevents from being consumed by .
- : Glyph of Earth Elemental removed and replaced with this glyph. This glyph increases coefficient on Lava Burst by 0.1.
- : Now sets snare to 10% instead of removing it.
- : Now works correctly when the target is not self.
- : Replaced with , which increases maximum energy by an additional 10 for those with the talent.
- : removed and replaced with this glyph. This glyph increases spell power by 10% of spirit for 10 sec after critting while in Shadow form.
- : Increases damage done by when SW:P is present by 10%.
- : Chance increased to 50%.
- Glyph of Souls no longer removes soul shard cost. It instead reduces the mana cost of your spell by 70%.
- : Tooltip corrected to 4 sec. extra when the glyph triggers.
- : Replaced with which increases the bonus from having by 10%.
- : Now increases crit chance instead of increasing attack power bonus.
- : Replaced with , which decreases the cooldown on by 30 sec.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum.
- The war against spelling errors continues: many items have had typos removed or their functionality clarified.
- The item quality on several quest rewards was incorrect and has been altered.
- The phoenix summoned by has had his flame trains restored.
- now correctly grants universal haste.
- now has a socket bonus.
- Some one-hand spell power weapons are now main hand only.
- Heart of the Dragon should now provide a consistent amount of Ranged Attack Power.
- should now provide a consistent amount of Ranged Attack Power.
- now correctly has a cooldown.
- procs should now be more obvious.
- Focusing Lenses now have a cooldown.
- should again function in Dalaran.
- no longer prompts players to open it.
- The buff granted by now has a correct tooltip.
- no longer has bonus armor.
- have been brought in line with protection paladin itemization changes.
- A tootip error in the has been corrected.
- now correctly grants Ranged Attack Power.
- should now only affect .
- Legacy items that had both melee and spell critical strike rating have been integrated to the unified rating.
- Held in hand books created by Inscription are now Bind on Equip rather than Bind on Pickup.
- Fixed an issue that was affecting terrain rendering on GeForce 3 and 4 Ti cards. Those that added the command Set fixedfunction 1 to their config.wtf file should remove it to avoid a decrease in performance.
- : The tooltip has been corrected.
- Hunter: will now apply raid-wide, as intended.
- Hunter Pets
- Mage: will now work properly.
- Mage: 's "explosion effect" will now be properly classified.
- Priest: (Rank 2) will now increase the radius of properly.
- Priest: will now properly increase the critical strike chance of the talent .
- Shaman: tooltip updated to reflect that it affects all crit chance and indicate that it increases Spell Power (instead of just damage)