|Release date||February 11, 2011|
|Patches • Patches category|
Patch 4.0.6a is a bug fix patch, released the same week as patch 4.0.6 in order to fix some bugs that could not be fixed via hotfixes.
- Players are no longer encountering errors when having their items bid on in the Auction House. The Auctions tab also updates appropriately reflecting the bid.
- Area-of-effect abilities such as , , , , , and now function correctly when cast on any trapdoors (ala Cho'gall) or transports even while the caster is not standing on one of those same objects.
- no longer damages the death knight's currently selected friendly target when it does damage to nearby target dummies.
- no longer exceeds 20 stars within its duration.
- , , , and are all properly scaled when used by or on a druid in Tree of Life form. The previous temporary hotfix which removed the ability to use War Stomp while in Tree of Life form has been reverted.
- was not firing while the hunter was moving under certain conditions. Auto Shot should now always function correctly while the hunter is moving.
- Having a melee weapon equipped no longer causes the tooltips for and to incorrectly display extra benefit from haste.
- The cooldown for has been increased to 45 seconds, up from 35. In addition, it can now be dispelled.
- The Warp Stalker ability can no longer be used on paladins with the buff active.
- The Quad Core buff provided by the Sanctified Bloodmage 4-piece set bonus is now properly removed as soon as a spell is cast if the mage does not have 4 pieces of the set equipped.
- correctly causes to daze the target, and only allows Avenger's Shield to trigger the dazed effect.
- The area-of-effect attack of no longer has a chance to miss secondary targets when the primary attack hits the paladin's target. If the primary attack of Hammer of the Righteous fails to hit the target due to miss/dodge/parry/block, no enemies will be affected by the area-of-effect attack. Rogues who are under , however, are able to resist this damage.
- The Warp Stalker (hunter pet) ability Time Warp (pet) can no longer be used on paladins with the Divine Shield buff active.
- can no longer be cast before the effect of its preceding spell completes (Inner Focus will only be applied to spells that are cast after it).
- now works properly when two players of the same faction are fighting each other (including in Arenas). A string error may appear when the opponent is feared even though the talent functions correctly.
Dungeons & Raids
- Drakeadon Mongrels can now be taunted.
- The debuff from Pyreclaw's Flame Buffet now only lasts 8 seconds.
- The Golem Sentry's Flash Bomb damage has been reduced in the 25-player version.
- The health of Drakeadon Mongrels and Drakonid Slayers has been reduced in 10- and 25-player versions.
- Nefarian's Blazing Inferno damage and knockdown radius has been reduced to match the spell effect graphic.
- Some Vicious Gladiator's weapons (item level 359) incorrectly had their costs increased. This has been corrected. Two-hand and ranged weapons now cost 3400 Conquest Points, while one-hand and caster weapons now cost 2450 Conquest Points.
- All Vicious Gladiator's weapons (item level 372) have been temporarily removed from the Glorious Conquest Quartermasters until the time is right to officially introduce them into Azerothian society.
- Many items incorrectly rendered unusable in rated Battlegrounds and Arenas have been made usable again.
Battle for Gilneas
- The banners at each capture point now take 8 seconds to capture, up from 5. Note that when the banners are neutral and have not yet been captured by either faction at the start of a battle, they will display the wrong location names (Mine says Farm, Waterworks says Blacksmith, and Lighthouse says Stables).
- now has a maximum limit to the amount healed when used on friendly NPCs with large amounts of health.