|Location||Vestibule of Eternity, Bastion|
- Charged Javelin
- Gossip if a Kyrian
- Do you remember your past life?
- Precious little, in recent times.
- The memories fade naturally as my former life draws ever more distant, and many others I have let go of willingly to fulfill my duties here.
- Except what?
- Except for one.
- It can be difficult to think about. I know I should let it go but...I want...maybe need...to remember it.
- It is too much a part of who I am to forget.
- I'm listening.
- I appreciate your listening. Truly. As soulbinds, I know I can trust you.
- <Pelagos takes a deep breath, then exhales slowly.>
- I had a female form in life. I don't recall my former name, or even my race, but I...never felt like my physical form represented who I was inside.
- It never felt as clear to me then as it does now. I struggled with that identity for my entire life...
- <Continue to listen.>
- But when I arrived in Bastion I became an aspirant that looked like, well...
- <Pelagos gestures to himself.>
- This! A male form!
- I felt...comfortable! Excited! Like who I was inside matched what others saw for the first time!
- All of those feelings in my life finally made sense.
- <Continue to listen.>
- I may not reach ascension as fast as some, but I am truly happy on the path I follow.
- Not many kyrian discuss their pasts, or even remember them! I believe we have much to learn as a people in that regard.
- When I told Kleia, she listened--just as you have. And she has been as steadfast a friend as I could have hoped for--just as you have.
- Thank you. I am glad that I was able to share my story with you.
- Thank you for sharing it, Pelagos.
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Stranger to Buddy
- Pelagos says: Stay safe out there, <name>.
- Kleia says: Wherever <name> is, is the safest place in the Shadowlands.
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Friend or higher
- Kleia says: <Name>! Where are you traveling to, friend?
- Pelagos says: More importantly, do you want companions along the way?
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are not a Friend or higher
- I had no idea that courts could be so compelling, <name>. truly the Ember Court is an incredible endeavor on your part.
- Uniting the Shadowlands, one teacup at a time!
- Obviously, it's much more than that. But still... who would've thought?
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Friend or higher
- If you have a moment, <name>, I've wanted to say something
- <Pelagos takes a breath.>
- I was hurt when you chose to champion Revendreth in our shared fight to save the Shadowlands. I had believed that you would have chosen to fight alongside me and the kyrian covenant.
- But I see now why you chose the venthyr. Your Ember Court is uniting the entirety of the Shadowlands, as it once was--as it should be.
- All that to say, I am glad we have become friends through all of this. We may not be soulbinds, but I feel we are bound together in another way.
- If the player writes to him with the , he responds with a Humble Letter
- Main article: Quill of Correspondence
Honestly, I am not sure how I became so closely involved in such momentous events. I am just an aspirant! I still struggle constantly with my cleansings and trials--I am nowhere near ascension.
I offered Kleia support long after her first soulbind ascended and she lost all contact with her. We grew closer, becoming soulbinds ourselves, able to face whatever challenge together! Who could have predicted what we would face, and the impact we'd leave?
It has been my greatest honor, <name>.
What is next for you?
I am so incredibly proud of my soulbind, soaring through the ranks to aid Adrestes in ushering in a new era for the kyrian. If anybody embodies devotion to a cause, it is her.
For now I will help where needed. I will be one of the first to devote myself to this new temple, to become an acolyte of Devotion. Perhaps, along with Nikolon, I can help facilitate conversation between the Forsworn and kyrian so that we can fully unite together.
I feel as though my story is far from over, and I look forward to wherever my path guides me.
- Pelagos broke ground as one of the first explicitly transgender characters in Warcraft series.
- Pelagos is voiced by Elliot Fletcher.
- During the Shadowlands alpha, dialogue and quest text originally referred to Pelagos with the gender-neutral pronouns "they"/"them". This was changed after Blizzard received feedback that using "he"/"him" would be more respectful of the character's wishes to be identified as a man.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.