|Location||Well of Eternity|
Peroth'arn is the first boss to appear in the Well of Eternity instance.
Like many of his fellow Highborne, Peroth'arn swore allegiance to the corrupted Xavius in exchange for gifts of demonic power. As a master of fiendish magic and recipient of the satyr curse, Peroth'arn stands outside Azshara's palace in defense of the Burning Legion, ready to destroy those hoping to disrupt the entrance of the Dark Titan, Sargeras, into Azeroth.
- Corrupting Touch — Peroth'arn's melee strikes apply Corrupting Touch on his current target, increasing damage taken by 10% for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
- Fel Flames — Summons Fel Flames, doing 33250 Fire damage after 3 seconds and an additional 11875 every second to enemies who enter the area for the next 30 sec.
- Fel Decay — Peroth'arn's Sickly Touch causes a random target to decay from within, instantly deals 40000 Shadow damage and 8500 Shadow damage every second for 10 sec. Any healing done to the afflicted player causes the healer to suffer 50% of the amount healed as Shadow damage.
- Drain Essence — At 70% remaining health, Peroth'arn stuns all enemies and inflicts Shadow damage every second for 4 sec.
After Illidan interrupts Drain Essence, Peroth'arn returns to the shadows to ambush the heroes. Peroth'arn unleashes his Eyes of Peroth'arn to search for the players. Players gain the protection of their Shadowcloaks to help them avoid the detection range of the Eyes.
If players avoid detection for 40 seconds, Peroth'arn becomes visible and weakened with the Enfeebled effect.
If an Eye of Peroth'arn discovers a player, Peroth'arn marks the player with Easy Prey, leaps out of the shadows, and attacks the discovered player.
- Easy Prey — When an Eye of Peroth'arn discovers a player, Peroth'arn casts Fel Quickening and marks his new target as Easy Prey. The mark removes the player's Shadowcloak or stealth and stuns them for 8 sec.
- Fel Quickening — Peroth'arn increases his attack speed by 100% for 15 sec.
- Enfeebled — If after 60 seconds Peroth'arn has not detected a player with his Eyes, Peroth'arn can no longer remain hidden in the shadows and becomes Enfeebled. This effect stuns Peroth'arn and increases his damage taken by 25% for 15 sec.
- Endless Frenzy — At 20% remaining health, Peroth'arn frenzies and increases his damage by 25%.
The tank should engage Peroth'arn. The stacks of Corrupting Touch are mostly unavoidable. All players should avoid the puddles created by Fel Flames.
Fel Decay is going to cause >120000 damage to its target. The healer must judge whether a heal can be delayed until the debuff ends, or if the damage must be healed immediately (injuring the healer). It is mathematically similar to a 33% healing debuff so it is a subject of concern, not panic.
When he vanishes and sends out the eyes, players should run to avoid the eyes. If a player is detected the tank will have to taunt periodically because Peroth'arn appears to like to switch to the Easy Prey victim.
- He is near, lurking in the shadows... I can sense it.
- You, Felguard. Hold this area.
- The rest of you, secure the courtyard.
- Closed all the Portals
- Illidan Stormrage says: The demons should be leaving. We'll be in the palace in no time.
- As the demons walk towards the portal, Peroth'arn walks with them and sees that only one portal remaining.
- Peroth'arn says: Who shut down the portals!? Clever. Little worms.
- Peroth'arn disappears...
- Illidan Stormrage says: The demons are no longer pouring from the palace. We can move ahead.
- Illidan Stormrage says: Too easy.
- Illidan Stormrage says: Another demon ready to be slaughtered.
- Peroth'arn appears before Illidan and friends.
- Peroth'arn says: None will reach the palace without besting Peroth'arn...first of the feltouched.
- Peroth'arn says: No mortal may stand before me and live!
- Illidan Stormrage says: Nothing will stop me! Not even you, Demon!
- Drain Essence
- Peroth'arn says: Your essence is MINE!
- Illidan Stormrage says: Your magic is pathetic! Let me show you mine.
- Peroth'arn says: The shadows serve me now!
- Illidan Stormrage says: Return to the shadows!
- Eyes of Peroth'arn
- The shadows will not save you!
- I WILL find you!
- Cower in hiding, heh.
- Get Seen
- I can see you!
- Regain Strength
- Illidan Stormrage says: My strength returns!
- Endless Rage
- ENOUGH! It is time to end this game!
- Killing a player
- You lose.
- None compare to Peroth'arn.
- Peroth'arn says: Noooo! How could this be?
- Illidan Stormrage says: The hunter became the prey.
- Illidan Stormrage says: You did well, but for now I must continue alone. Good hunting.
- Unused quotes
- Be on alert, the portals must not be sealed.
- Let's make a game of this, hmm? Hide well, worms, and you may yet live a little longer.
- Hide worms, the hunt is on!
- You dare deny me?!
- Peroth'arn is voiced by Cam Clarke.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-12-02): Eyes of Peroth'arn should now despawn after the stealth phase.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.