This item is crafted with Blacksmithing (270); taught by .
During the last war, the Lich King outfitted some of his incorporeal undead warriors with special armor, making them difficult to deal with. In response, human craftsmen developed the phantom blade. These longswords are a translucent white color, and seem to disappear almost entirely in sunlight.
- This sword was disliked by Rogues in PvP as the sword can prevent Rogues from stealthing away, even with .
- The sword is notable for being one of the few one-handed weapons which is show across the back (as is normal for two-handed weapons) at rest, instead of at the side, which is normal for one-handed weapons.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stats squished.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Recipe now learned from .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23):
- Damage reduced from 59-111 to 53-100.
- No longer trainable from Blacksmithing Trainers.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Converted from Main Hand to One-Hand.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): No longer requires Weaponsmith specialty to craft.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): The Phantom Blade's effect will now prevent players from trying to become stealthed or invisible.