Pikemen, also known as pikers, lancers, and sometimes dragoons, are soldiers wielding spears and sometimes shields.
- Alliance Phalanx (unusable spear + shield combo)
- Sha'tari Honor Guard (unusable spear)
- Iron Piker (polearm)
- 7th Legion Dragoon (polearm)
- The members of the Light's Chosen (unusable spear + shield combo)
- Lightforged Dragoon (polearm)
- Lightforged Dragoons
- Lightforged Protector (unusable spear)
- Trained Brightlance (polearm)
- Sunstrider Highguard (unusable spear + shield combo)
- Silverback Piker
- Drakkari Lancer (polearm)
- Krokul Guardian (polearm)
- Dark Iron Guard (unusable polearm + shield combo)
- Risen Lancer
- Sashj'tar Lancer
- Stormwind Royal Guard (spear + shield combo)
- Stormwind Footman (spear + shield combo)
- Lightbound Dragoon
- 7th Legion Lancer
- Twilight Lancer
- Twilight Spearwarder
- Forsaken Lancer
- Zan-Tien Pikeman
- Ramkahen Lancer
- Dread Lancer
In the RPG
The pikemen of the pandaren clans are the dedicated defenders of their people. Masters of the bambus pan-spear, many pikemen dream of becoming one of the elite defenders of their people, the wardancers. Indeed, a pikeman is said to still be "learning the dance." Troops of pikemen are trained by a wardancer superior, who watches his apprentices to determine who is prepared to engage in the Dance of War.
In combat, pikemen back up the lethal wardancer, peppering incoming enemies with a rain of pan-spears and then guarding the flanks of their champions.
Notes and trivia
- While not seen before Warlords of Draenor, the expansion pack introduced animations for soldiers standing still while holding long spears and shields. Still, combat animations for those are not implemented, and as such these NPCs are merely holding them for flavor, often in a position of honor guard.
- In real-life, dragoons were elite soldiers and not lancers, but the Final Fantasy series associated both ideas of dragoons and spearmen and popularized the term.