|Companion(s)||Raz Skullcrusher (former bodyguard)|
Pip Quickwit is a gnomish inventor, explorer, and a quest giver. Testing his lava suit, he was found at the Furnace in Upper Blackrock Spire within The Beast's stomach and was released by adventurers when The Beast was killed and skinned.
In Cataclysm he also appears at the Circle of Cinders in Mount Hyjal, in various locations of Blackrock Caverns, and in the Den of the Devourer at Blackwing Descent. While in the mountain, he barely escaped Beauty and her pups. He also created and lost a mace and an extremely well-made knife.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Blackrock Spire
- Whew... I need a smoke and the touch of a fine gnomish woman - not particularly in that order!
- I've been stuck inside the belly of that thing for months! What day is it anyway? Ah, nevermind. All that matters is that I'm finally out.
- WOOO HOOO!
- How the hell did you get in there to begin with?
- How?? Well, it's a long story.
- I'm all ears.
- Alrighty then! So I was down at the lava pits of the Molten Span, testing out my lava suit. Everything was going great. I was even able to swim around in that stuff without suffering a single injury!
- So there I am, minding my own business, doing a few backstrokes, when out of nowhere this thing swallows me up whole! Had it not been for my lava suit and built in food pellet dispenser, I would have been done for!
- So let me get this straight. You were swimming, nay, doing backstrokes in molten lava with this... this lava suit of yours? Yes? And out of nowhere, this here beast swallowed you whole?
- Say, I sense a measure of disbelief in your voice - but yes, that's how it happened.
- I must know something: How did you go to the bathroom with that thing on?
- I'm not out of the belly of this beast for more than two minutes and someone is already asking me about my bathroom behavior??? Mister, I'd have smacked you silly for that question had you not been the one to rescue me!
- Anyhow! I'm grateful for the assistance. Maybe I can pay you back?
- Well, maybe 'pay' isn't the best word to use. See, when I was stuck in the belly of that thing, I got to thinking:
- This creature lives in hot, flaming magma and yet it doesn't take a lick of damage from the fire!
- If only I could find a pristine hide from one of these beasts. I could take it back to my dear friend, Malyfous Darkhammer, in Everlook. If anyone could do anything with the hide of a beast like this, it would be him.
- I'll consider that the next time I run into one of these things.
- So how about you deliver a message for me?
- To Malyfous, I assume.
(The message delivery is the quest mentioned above.)
- Main article: Chimaeron#Quotes
Have you ever spent time, like really spent time, in the belly of an acidic swamp ooze? I wouldn't recommend it.
- One of the Saurfang 'facts' is that he once got so mad at a gnome that he hurled it across the Great Sea and into Blackrock Spire, where the Beast ate him.
- In Hearthstone, the Beast appears as a legendary card, and upon death he summons Pip Quickwit for the opponent.
Prior to patch 9.1.5, named Finkle Einhorn:
- Finkle's name is a reference to the film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, wherein Ace finds that Ray Finkle had assumed the identity of a female detective Lois Einhorn.
- Finkle also begins some dialogue with the phrase "Alrighty then," Ace's catchphrase from the same film.
- Einhorn is the German word for Unicorn, an appropriate name for one who searches for rare things.
- Patch 9.1.5 (2021-11-02): Renamed from Finkle Einhorn.
- Bort Fizzwaggle and Detective Ray, two other gnomes that got stuck inside the bellies of large monsters
- ^ a b c d World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, pg. 48 (as Finkle Einhorn)
|Blackrock Spire||Mount Hyjal||Blackrock Caverns||Blackwing Descent||Garrison|