|Race||Leper gnome (Humanoid)|
|Occupation||Barkeep, Tavern owner|
|Location||Grim Guzzler, Blackrock Depths|
|Companion(s)||Mistress Nagmara (succubus minion/employee)|
Plugger Spazzring is a leper gnome barkeeper and owner of the Grim Guzzler tavern in Blackrock Depths. He supplies his Dark Iron dwarf patrons with mugs of ale, and holds the key to the bar door. While killing him may give access to the key, a rogue could simply pickpocket the key and sneak off.
Mistress Nagmara is his succubus minion, who happily works in the tavern as his barmaid. According to her, Plugger has done very well for himself and makes a lot of money.
He can be still seen in the area after the Dark Iron clan formally pledged themselves to King Anduin.
They say that at the Grim Guzzler everyone knows your name. This sense of camaraderie is due to the hard work of Spazzring, a leper gnome who sought a new life in Blackrock Depths after the fall of Gnomeregan. Despite his history of dabbling with evil as a warlock, he takes pride in his job as the tavern's barkeep, making sure that his patrons' mugs never run dry.
- Owner of the Grim Guzzler — Plugger Spazzring carries the Key to the Grim Guzzler. If players pick Plugger Spazzring's pockets he will alert all of his patrons to attack players. This changes all of the Grim Guzzler's patrons from neutral to aggressive.
- Shadow Bolt — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting 128 to 172 Shadow damage.
- Immolate — Burns an enemy for 96 Fire damage, then inflicts 28 additional Fire damage every 3 sec. for 21 sec.
- Demon Armor — Protects the caster, increasing armor by 210, Shadow resistance by 3 and health regeneration for 30 min.
- Curse of Tongues — Forces an enemy to speak in Demonic, reducing its casting speed by 50% for 15 sec.
- Banish — Banishes an enemy, preventing all action but making it invulnerable for up to 15 sec. Only one target can be banished at a time.
- Drink up! There's more where that came from!
- Enjoy! You won't find better ale anywhere!
- Have you tried the Dark Iron Ale? It's the best!
- Try the boar! It's my new recipe!
- What are you doing over there?
- Hey! Get away from that!
- Hey! Stop that!
- No stealing the goods!
- Hey, my pockets were picked!
- That's it! No more beer until this mess is sorted out!
- That's it! You're going down!
- Gossip Dark Iron dwarf starting zone
Welcome! If you need a place to rest, I can solve that problem.
Make this inn your home.
Let me browse your goods.
Plugger will notice his pockets have been picked moments after the deed is done, causing him and all the dwarves around him to become hostile. Therefore, it is important to get away from him as quickly as you can after stealing the key, or be prepared to fight them all.
This fight is very easy as a duo at 60, but also possible to solo at 60. Doing this as a rogue/druid duo is best. As a duo, there is no need to use any consumables and you can also do Lord Incendius. Simply have the druid tank, while the rogue takes out the non-elite adds. When the adds are down, Plugger goes down very fast.
Here are some tips for soloing Plugger. Stock up on shadow and fire resistance and drink a protection potion or two before starting. He is immune to all stuns, , and any other spell interruptions, so don't waste your Energy on them. He is also immune to . Keep up all the time, and like crazy.
In order to separately kill the clients and the barkeeper, buy from Plugger some Dark Iron Ale Mugs (at least 4), go to the small storage room next to the bar. Stay near the Thorium Brotherhood dwarf and throw a mug in front of you, between the Thorium Brotherhood dwarf and the bar. One client will come, drink the ale and will be KO for some seconds, just enough to kill him. The throw has to be far enough away from the bar in order to not aggro the other clients. After all the clients near the bar have been killed, Plugger can be put down separately, whether in the room corner behind the bar, or in the small storage room. The mug-pull can also be used on other clients in order to get some or other items.
Higher levels obviously do not have to worry about the Dark Iron adds, and can simply kill Plugger.