||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
Preparation is a rogue ability, available at level 68. It finishes the cooldown of [Sprint], [Vanish], and [Evasion] when activated.
Tips and tactics
- As it may only be used once every 5 minutes, it is a good idea to burn multiple skills as to gain the most from its effect. Save Preparation for when you don't have other choices.
- It may be a life-saving ability. If you're about to die and you have your [Vanish] still on cooldown, use Preparation and you will be able to vanish again.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer affects [Dismantle], which has been removed.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now a baseline ability learned at level 68 and no longer resets the cooldown on [Cloak of Shadows].
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent. No longer applies to Shadowstep, now also applies to Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, and Dismantle.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): No longer resets the cooldown of [Evasion].
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes. Now has a new, unique icon.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The cooldown on this ability has been reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): The UI now properly shows that Preparation does not clear a Cold Blood setup.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): Will now clear the cooldown of the Blade Flurry ability.