|Title||<Herald of Al'Akir>|
|Race||Air elemental (Elemental)|
|Location||Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj|
Prince Sarsarun is one of the four Elemental Unrest bosses unlocked upon the successful defense of Stormwind or Thunder Bluff. He can be found inside the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, accessed either via the Dungeon Finder or the wind portals upon the conclusion of the invasion.
He is available for 30 minutes every three hours if the city defense was successful.
Unlike other Elemental Unrest bosses, Prince Sarsarun is not a more powerful version of a boss encountered in his dungeon. His model is identical to Prince Thunderaan, though he wields a different weapon. The Sarsarun encounter is also unique in that it takes place in Ahn'Qiraj Terrace, a special subzone of Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj used only in this encounter. It cannot be reached by normal land travel.
Several years later, after Thunderaan became the new Elemental Lord of Air, the Conclave of Wind objected to his rule, believing that Sarsarun was the rightful heir to the throne, but they were convinced otherwise by the Farseer of the Earthen Ring.
There are three groups of mobs before this encounter, each containing three mobs. These should just be taken down as with the other mini-boss encounters. It is worth noting that Stormcallers will stay at range unless interrupted and so you should watch out for aggro of other groups. One of the mobs also casts a silence effect.
This boss has two main abilities:
- Summon Cyclone — Summons a cyclone that moves around randomly. Enemies near the cyclone will be thrown up in the air.
- Tears of the Wind Seeker — Strikes all enemies around the caster for 9000 to 11000 Nature damage and stuns them for 3 sec.
Tears of the Wind Seeker is started when all party members are hit by lightning and the effect stuns everyone for a few seconds. It can be a good idea to pop a cooldown if the tank is low on health or at least shield etc. them before the stun hits. Due to the stun, this is usually when a cyclone can catch up to players.
Cyclones will pick up and suspend players briefly as it moves over where they were standing. While suspended, the player will slowly drop until the cyclone moves fully away, at which they are dropped at regular fall speed.
In a nutshell:
- Everyone (but the tank, of course) should stand behind the boss during the encounter
- Avoid cyclones, lots of mobility is involved in this fight
- The boss is rooted, so there is no fear of pulling aggro from range
- Prince Sarsarun yells: Ah, our esteemed guests have arrived!
- Prince Sarsarun yells: Doubtless they are incensed by my meddling with their fragile little homes.
- Prince Sarsarun yells: See to it that they are made to feel MOST welcome, hmmm? After all, their bones will by lying here for a long, LONG time...
- Prince Sarsarun yells: This... is only... the beginning, mortals! You will... ALL DIE!
- Alliance victory
- King Varian Wrynn says: Well done, heroes. Let us return through the very portal that which meant to send this beast through! Much work awaits me in Stormwind.
- Horde victory
- Cairne Bloodhoof says: Well done, heroes. Let us return through the very portal that which meant to send this beast through! Much work awaits me in Thunder Bluff.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-11-15): Activated with phase four of the Elemental Unrest.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.