- For lore and original debut, see Theradras.
|Race||Earth elemental (Elemental)|
|Level||32 - 62 Elite|
|Relative(s)||Therazane (mother), Zaetar (lover), centaur (children)|
Princess Theradras is the final boss in Maraudon.
The earth elemental Theradras, Therazane the Stonemother's sole daughter, resides in Maraudon's inner sanctum. Influenced by the Old Gods, the princess transformed her home into a den of corruption and suffering. Some believe that her foul powers are tied to the spirit of her dead lover, Zaetar. If so, liberating the fallen keeper of the grove might be the only hope of cleansing Maraudon.
- Boulder — Hurls a boulder at an enemy.
- Dust Field — Shake the ground nearby, damaging nearby enemies and knocking them back.
- Repulsive Gaze — Roars at an enemy, paralyzing it with terror for 6 sec. and causing all other nearby enemies to flee in fear.
- Thrash — Gives the caster 2 extra attacks.
It is definitely better to have two tanks for Princess Theradras herself. She fears and has a knockback which throws whoever has aggro roughly 20-30 yards. Also, she occasionally slams the ground which send out waves dealing about 150 damage (for each wave) and knocking everyone down for several seconds, so you must keep her away from casters or their spells will be interrupted during this AoE knockback. If you have a priest, put Fear Wards on your tanks. When she throws back one tank, everyone else stops what they are doing until the second tank establishes aggro. Rogues will not cut it as off-tanks, she hits too hard, and your healer will have to spam heals. If you do only have one available tank, a common strategy is to have them back up into the water towards the walls. When she knocks the MT back, they should be positioned to rebound off the wall and come right back to her.
With the recent changes to PvE fear mechanics (in that mobs no longer de-aggro feared targets) this fight can now easily be done with one tank. When she fears, she will stay on the tank, provided no one else pulls aggro whilst they are feared (ie. they resist and continue attacking). The fight favours ranged classes, but is essentially a tank and spank. Anyone that does not need to be in melee should be at max range.
Princess Theradras was the first of the instance progression final bosses to have a chance of dropping a non-world drop epic item. Since Patch 2.3.0, The is now the first epic drop that is not a World Drop.
- Her model shares the base skeleton with that of an abomination.
- Princess Theradras' model is called "Tharazun".
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 48 to 39.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Boulders thrown will now cause a knockdown as well. She will also be more intelligent about deciding when to use her Dust Field ability.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.