|The subject of this article was removed in patch 8.3.0 but remains in World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic.
|Resilience Quick Facts|
PvP Resilience was a PvP stat that reduced damage taken from other players and their pets and minions. It is the counterpart of PvP Power, which increases damage dealt and healing done to other players. Resilience affects only damage taken from players, and is of no benefit against non-player characters.
PvP Resilience was discontinued as a stat with Warlords of Draenor, with changes made to stamina, class balancing, and PvP gear itemization in order to balance its removal. After patch 6.0.2, PvP Resilience could only be gained through various low level external sources, primarily enchantments, gems, PvP rewards and PvP heirlooms. These sources were gradually removed or converted to other stats over the course of the Battle for Azeroth expansion, and PvP Resilience can no longer be found in game.
One percent of resilience reduces damage taken from all player attacks by 1%.
As part of the combat rating system, the amount of resilience rating needed to get a certain amount of resilience increases with level. A higher level player will need more resilience rating to get the same effect as a lower level player. At level 90, players need 310 resilience rating to get 1% of resilience.
|Resilience||Player damage||Rating required|
|Level 60||Level 70||Level 80||Level 85||Level 90|
Enchantments by slot
- Enchant Shield - Resilience (+12 PvP resilience)
Elixirs and flasks
- Resilience was introduced with World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade as part of the new combat rating system. Previously, no such resilience mechanic existed — as a result, resilience rating only appears on items available to players over level 60, with some rare exceptions.
- Prior to patch 4.0.1, resilience reduced the chance to receive a critical strike, with 1% resilience giving a 1% smaller chance to be critically struck.
- In patch 5.3.0, resilience was removed from most gear and innately given to characters.
- In patch 6.0.2, base resilience was removed.
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): PvP Resilience has been removed from all remaining items and enchants. Undocumented.
- Hotfix (2018-08-06): The effectiveness of Resilience on low-level PvP gear has been greatly reduced.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Base Resilience has been reduced to 0%. It has also been removed from the paper doll.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18):
- Base Resilience for level-90 players is now 77% (up from 72%). Base Resilience for players below level 90 remain at 40%.
- Resilience Diminishing Returns curve for Resilience has been adjusted for the new base resilience value to maintain the same value per point of Resilience as previously.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Base Resilience now reduces damage players deal to others players by 72% (up from 65%).
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): All level-90 characters now have a base Resilience of 65%. All characters below level 90 now have a base Resilience of 40%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Name changed from "Resilience" to "PvP Resilience" to match the new "PvP Power"
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Resilience can no longer reduce the chance to receive a critical strike, the damage done by critical strikes, and the effect of mana drains. Resilience will now only reduce damage done by players and their pets, and no longer has any effect against non-player mobs.
- Hotfix (2010-01-20): Resilience damage reduction doubled. So depending on their current amount of resilience, characters might experience a 10 to 20% decrease in damage taken from other players.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage-over-time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. In addition, the amount of resilience needed to reduce critical strike chance, critical strike damage and overall damage has been increased by 15%.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): The damage reduction component of resilience has been increased from 2 times the critical strike chance reduction to 2.2 times the critical strike chance reduction. In addition, the maximum damage reduction to a critical strike from resilience has been increased from 30% to 33%.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Now reduces the magnitude of mana draining effects by the same amount that it reduces critical strike damage. The Tooltip has been revised to reflect this.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.