A philosophical question that was asked by mages of the Kirin Tor was if created fire was called into being or was summoned from some parallel existence. Although fire can be created by concentrating on the inherent nature of fire it can also be summoned.
Races and factions
Dark Iron dwarf
As a consequence of their lifestyle or of their enslavement by Ragnaros, the Dark Iron dwarves had some pyromancers. Under the control of Moira Thaurissan, Pyromancer Scorchbrew trains the dwarven mages in Ironforge while Pyromancer Flamehearth accompany his queen.
The Jilvici are four yaungol spell-casters that maintain a fire barrier to prevent assault on their chief, in southern Kun-Lai Summit. Bearing the titles "the Blazecaller", "the Embercaller", "the Firespeaker" and even "the Pyromancer", all four specialize in fire magic and can be considered pyromancers. The first three of these titles may represent alternative descriptions for the powers of a pyromancer.
Pyromancy uses mainly fire as the basis for spells. Some pyromancers can invoke Fire elementals. Most spells used in pyromancy come from various classes such as fire mage, shaman, and destruction warlock.
In the TCG
Fire magi focus their training on maximizing the potency and impact of their fire-based spells.
- The incantation used to conjure fire for one spell (e.g: ) might be the same incantation used to conjure fire for another spell (e.g: ); Micky imagines if there is a difference in incantation, it's minor.
- ^ The Last Guardian, pg. 82
- ^ The Last Guardian, pg. 83
- ^ Tides of Darkness, pg. 292: "Now concentrate on the idea of fire, of heat and flame," Gul'dan told the ogre. The ogre frowned with both faces, studying the leaf. Then it nodded slightly, first one head and then the other. "Good." Gul'dan spoke softly, not wanting to break the creature's concentration. "Now bring that flame to life. Let it claim the leaf, the fire licking across it, the heat warming your skin, almost burning your fingers." He watched as a spark appeared near the middle of the leaf and rapidly grew to a small flame that spread hungrily.
- ^ The Demon Soul, pg. 607 - 608: Malfurion grabbed the first thing he found, then thrust it into his adversary's open mouth. Eyes widening, expression turning fearful, the horned creature pulled away. As he did, the sensation of strangulation left the night elf. The satyr stumbled back, his eyes continuing to swell. Malfurion felt an intense heat radiate from the fiendish figure. The struggling creature burst into flames that quickly and efficiently engulfed him. He shrieked as his body blackened and the fire ate away at his flesh. Gagging, the druid covered his nose and mouth. During their last encounter, Cenarius had shown him how to harness the heat contained within the seeds and fruit of some plants, and magnify it a thousandfold.
- ^ Blood in the Snow
- ^ Baolai the Immolator
- ^ Twilight Pyromancer
- ^ Twilight Pyromancer
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter