|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Rapid Fire is a hunter ability that gives the hunter increased ranged attack speed. It also reduces the "casting" time of and . By allowing you to shoot faster, it significantly increases the damage you can do for a short period of time, and effective use of the ability is central to hunter DPS in groups.
Tips and tactics
- Using any trinkets or other effects which increase your damage, attack power, or critical strike chance together with Rapid Fire will allow you to shoot faster while dealing more damage with each shot. This will result in higher total damage done than if you had used these effects separately.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available only to Marksmanship hunters.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): no longer resets the ability.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): cooldown reduced from 5 to 3 min.