- For items used in profession recipes, see crafting reagent.
A reagent is an item that is required in order to use a specific spell or ability. Reagents differ from tools in that reagents are consumed when their spell or ability is successfully cast, while tools are not.
Most reagents are purchasable from reagent vendors, who can be found in all major cities and many towns.
Reagents used for glyphs and talents
Reagents used by spells or abilities
Reagents are ordered by rank for abilities that have multiple reagents listed.
|Death Knight||Reagent vendor||5|
Ritual of Refreshment
|Harpies and birds
|Priest||(Rank 1)||Reagent vendor||7|
|Rogue||Created via Poisons
|Shaman||Naga and Murlocs
Ritual of Souls
†This is the base price before any discounts.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28):
- Remaining spell reagents have been removed.
- Reagents that were removed at the start of Cataclysm, but stayed common quality, have been changed into poor quality items.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Any reagents that were missed in the previous patch have been changed with this one, including making previous reagents poor quality.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Several reagents have been removed or condensed down to one type for multiple ranks of spells.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): no longer has a reagent requirement.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): no longer has a reagent requirement.