Realm name lore
- Acherus The Ebon Hold; current stronghold for Darion Mograine and his Knights of the Ebon Blade; formerly a Scourge necropolis.
- Magna Aegwynn, Aegwynn Guardian of Tirisfal, Medivh's mother.
- The home of the Aerie Peak Wildhammer dwarves.
- One of the Agamaggan Ancients, an immortal giant boar.
- Aggramar the Avenger, a vanir Aggramar titan, was once Sargeras' lieutenant.
- Fortress city of the Ahn'Qiraj qiraji in Silithus.
- Elder sage of the Akama draenei.
- Al'Akir the Windlord, Al'Akir elemental lord formerly of the Old Gods.
- Dragon Aspect of Life, Queen of the Alexstrasza red dragonflight.
- Alleria Windrunner, Alleria high elf ranger, hero of the Alliance.
- Alonsus Faol, archbishop and reformer of the Alonsus Brotherhood of Northshire, who helped to raise enough money to rebuild Stormwind City after the Second War.
- Former nation of Alterac Mountains Alterac.
- The Highfather of the Aman'Thul Pantheon.
- Anachronos Bronze dragon, son of Nozdormu.
- Formerly on of the largest towns of northern Andorhal Lordaeron, located in Eastern Plaguelands.
- A cunning and horrifically powerful Anetheron dreadlord.
- The now late former leader of the Antonidas Kirin Tor.
- The former king of the Anub'arak nerubians; now a crypt lord.
- Starting area for the Anvilmar dwarves (and gnomes until Cataclysm) of Dun Morogh, located in Coldridge Valley.
- Arak-arahm Nerubian crypt lord.
- Historical nation of the Arathor human Arathi tribe in southern Lordaeron.
- Archimonde the Defiler, Archimonde eredar warlock.
- A neutral Area 52 goblin-run town in the Netherstorm.
- An Argent Dawn organization that tries to unite the people of Azeroth in the fight against evil, namely the Scourge.
- The ancestral homeland of the Argus eredar.
- Prince Arthas Menethil of Lordaeron, the former Lich King. Arthas
- The ancient blue dragon Arygos is a child of Arygos Malygos.
- Wilderness region south of Ashenvale (Ясеневый лес, Russian realm) Darkshore and Felwood, west of Azshara, and north of the Stonetalon Mountains and the Barrens.
- A Aszune Kaldorei Princess. By returning her heart to her statue, Thrall opened up the bridge to the Prophet.
- Auchindoun Draenei burial grounds in Terokkar Forest.
- Pit lord, later promoted to Azgalor Demon King.
- Capital city of the fallen Azjol-Nerub Nerubian Empire.
- Azuregos (Азурегос, Russian realm) Blue dragon, raid boss for the . [The Scepter of the Shifting Sands ]
- The starting area of the Azuremyst draenei and the location of the crashed dimensional ship . Exodar - Former queen of the Azshara night elves, now queen of the naga.
- Baelgun Flamebeard, second-in-command of the Baelgun Northrend expedition under Muradin Bronzebeard.
- Balnazzar Dreadlord, he possesses the paladin Saidan Dathrohan of the Scarlet Crusade.
- Barthilas, an ambitious Barthilas paladin who served under Tirion Fordring at Mardenholde Keep.
- The dragonflight of Black Dragonflight Deathwing (Neltharion, the Earth Warder).
- Blackhand the Destroyer, Blackhand Warchief of the Horde during the First invasion of Azeroth.
- Lieutenant General Aedelas Blackmoore was the chief of Blackmoore Durnholde Keep.
- A very large, very old, and well-known Blackrock orc clan.
- Volcano located on the border of the Blackrock Mountain Burning Steppes and the Searing Gorge; created when Ragnaros was summoned into Azeroth.
- Pirates who founded Blackwater Raiders Booty Bay and have aligned themselves with the Steamwheedle Cartel.
- Home of Blackwing Lair Nefarian, where he schemes to destroy Ragnaros and lead his army to undisputed supremacy over all the races of Azeroth.
- Kargath Bladefist, former Chieftain of the Bladefist Shattered Hand clan and Warchief of the Fel Horde.
- A region of knife-sharp mountains located in Blade's Edge Outland.
- The Bleeding Hollow clan. Bleeding Hollow
- Bloodfeather Harpy Queen of the Barrens.
- The second wing of the Blood Furnace Hellfire Citadel and the location of Keli'dan the Breaker.
- Bloodhoof tribe, tauren tribe led by Bloodhoof Baine Bloodhoof.
– The Bloodscalp tribe, Bloodscalp jungle trolls that live in Stranglethorn Vale.
- The Bonechewer clan, formerly led by Bonechewer Tagar Spinebreaker.
- Pirate trading town in the Booty Bay (Пиратская бухта, Russian realm) Stranglethorn Vale.
- The Boulderfist tribe, they control parts of Boulderfist Stromgarde Keep.
- A cluster of islands that are the location of the Broken Isles Tomb of Sargeras.
- Nozdormu's dragonflight, and controllers of time. Bronze Dragonflight
- The Bronzebeard clan successfully gained control of Bronzebeard Ironforge during the War of the Three Hammers and is now the ruling royal family of the dwarven city.
- The modern Burning Blade scheme to bring about the destruction of the Burning Blade Horde, and report to the Shadow Council.
– The Burning Legion is a massive army of Burning Legion demons, infernals, and corrupted races who seek to destroy any trace of order in the universe. – The Burning Steppes is a high-end location found in the Burning Steppes Eastern Kingdoms, between the Searing Gorge, Elwynn Forest and the Badlands.
- Cairne Bloodhoof, Chieftain of the Cairne tauren and the Bloodhoof tribe.
- A mighty Cenarius demigod of the forestlands of Kalimdor who befriended the kaldorei in the early years of Azeroth.
- An organization of Cenarion Circle druids dedicated to protecting and restoring nature.
– One of the most powerful and influential Cenarius demigods of Azeroth, Lord of the Forest, and the patron god of all druids.
- The first of the Cho'gall ogre magi, leader and creator of the Twilight's Hammer clan.
– Chromaggus Nefarian's most powerful chromatic dragonkin, found in Blackwing Lair.
- A large artificial lake located in Coilfang Zangarmarsh, which contain the instances Slave pens, Underbog, The Steamvault and Serpentshrine Cavern.
- The Crushridge clan, led by Crushridge Mug'thol the ogre. - An C'Thun Old God, currently located in Ahn'Qiraj.
– A Daggerspine naga tribe, currently dwelling in southern Lordaeron.
- The second Arathi city-state, founded by Dalaran wizards to escape the restraining confines of Strom and use their powers with greater freedom.
- A Dalvengyr dreadlord left behind in Lordaeron after the defeat of the Legion, later slain by Kael'thas and Vashj.
- The Dark Iron Dark Irons lost the War of the Three Hammers, their ruler Thaurissan later summoned Ragnaros the Firelord who enslaved the renegade dwarves.
- Regular event happening at the start of the month, led by Darkmoon Faire Silas Darkmoon.
- A Darksorrow demon hunter.
- A tribe of Darkspear jungle trolls, led by Shadowhunter Vol'jin, who swore allegiance to Thrall's Horde.
- Darrowmere Lake in the Darrowmere Western Plaguelands.
- Leader of the Dath'Remar highborne during the War of the Ancients, after being exiled he traveled and founded the city of Silvermoon. Bears the name Sunstrider, meaning "he who walks in the day".
- Member of the Dawnbringer Brotherhood of Light which is a subsection of the Argent Dawn.
- Deathguard (Страж Смерти, Russian realm) Forsaken guard.
- Nickname of the Deathwing black dragon Aspect Neltharion, who betrayed his own kind by all but destroying the blue dragonflight.
- A bandit faction. Formerly artisans tasked with rebuilding Defias Brotherhood Stormwind City, they rebelled when the House of Nobles refused payment for their work.
- An artifact created shortly before the Demon Soul War of the Ancients, formerly known as the Dragon Soul.
- A two headed Dentarg ogre-mage, Ner'zhul's most trusted servant on Draenor.
– A Destromath pit lord.
- A Dethecus dreadlord.
– Detheroc Dreadlord of the Nathrezim, brother of Balnazzar and Varimathras.
- Ruins of a Dire Maul night elf metropolis located in Feralas, now overrun by Highborne spirits, ogres, and demons.
- Orgrim Doomhammer, leader of the Doomhammer Horde who came into power despite not wanting to be a puppet to Gul'dan and his Shadow Council.
- Once the peaceful home world of the Draenor orcs, ogres, and draenei, was torn apart after the opening of multiple portals to Azeroth.
- A Dragonblight dragon's graveyard, located in Northrend.
- The Dragonmaw clan was responsible for the capture of the Dragon Queen Dragonmaw Alexstrasza. The Second War left them all but destroyed.
- An old Drak'tharon Keep Drakkari troll stronghold that was formerly under the control of Arthas and the Scourge.
- A Drak'thul Necromancer in Gul'dan's Stormreaver clan who lives in hiding on the Broken Isles.
- Mother of Warchief Draka Thrall, warrior mate of Durotan.
- A tribe of Drakkari ice trolls.
- The Dunemaul clan of Dunemaul ogres, led by Gor'marok the Ravager, live in the Tanaris Desert.
The chieftain of the Drek'Thar Frostwolf clan. - Father of Warchief Durotan Thrall and former chieftain of the Frostwolf clan of orcs.
Galakrond - One of the biggest proto-dragons to ever live, defeated during the Dawn of the Aspects
- Self appointed Grand Marshal of the remaining armies of Garithos Lordaeron.
- Garona Half-orc, former spy and assassin of the Shadow Council.
- Genjuros Blademaster of the Blackrock clan.
- Ghostlands Blood elven territory in Quel'Thalas.
- A Gilneas human nation located on the peninsula south of Silverpine Forest.
- Fallen capital of the Gnomeregan gnome race.
- A clan of Gordunni (Гордунни, Russian realm) ogres in central Feralas.
- Gorefiend Death knight, once in service of Ner'zhul on Draenor.
- A Gorgonnash pitlord.
- Leader of the nation of Gilneas, he pulled Gilneas from the Greymane Alliance after the Second War, and rejoined after the Shattering.
- Former city-state capital of the Grim Batol Wildhammer clan of dwarves.
- Located in southeastern Grizzly Hills Northrend, and is the home ground of the Grizzlemaw furbolgs. Also the location of the world tree Vordrassil.
- Grom Hellscream is a hero of the Grom (Гром, Russian realm) orcs, murderer of the Mannoroth, and former chieftain of the Warsong clan.
- Lair of Gruul's Lair Gruul the Dragonkiller.
- Gul'dan was ordered by Gul'dan Kil'jaeden to train a number of like minded orcs in the ways of warlock magic, he named them the Shadow Council and also created his own clan named the Stormreaver clan. - The Gurubashi Troll Gurubashi Empire was once one of the most powerful forces on Azeroth.
- Leader of the Kael'thas blood elves, right hand of Illidan.
- One of the few surviving Kalecgos blue dragons, a major figure in the Sunwell Trilogy books.
- Kargath Bladefist, Chieftain of the Kargath Shattered Hand clan and former Warchief of the Fel Horde. Resides in the Shattered Halls in Hellfire Peninsula.
- Once an Kel'Thuzad Archmage of Dalaran, he later swore allegiance to the Lich King and founded a brotherhood, which he called the Cult of the Damned.
- Khadgar Archmage of Dalaran and apprentice of Medivh, he was one of the most powerful wizards on Azeroth, and led the Alliance expedition into Outland.
- The mountainous kingdom of the Khaz Modan Bronzebeard clan, it is named the "Mountain of Khaz" after the titan shaper Khaz'goroth, thought to be the creator of the dwarven race.
- Male Vanir Khaz'goroth titan, shaper of mountains and canyons.
- A Kil'jaeden Demon Lord selected by Sargeras as his champion, he was responsible for the enslavement of the Dreadlords and is a strategic mastermind of the Burning Legion.
- Kilrogg Deadeye, Chieftain of the Kilrogg Bleeding Hollow clan, was one of the first to accept the offer of drinking Mannoroth's blood.
- An organization led by the most powerful Kirin Tor human and high elf mages in the world who founded the city of Dalaran.
– Former chieftain of the Kor'gall Stonemaul ogres, he was later challenged by Rexxar for leadership of his clan after breaking a promise to the half-ogre and killed.
- Consort of Korialstrasz Alexstrasza in dragon form, and Krasus of the Kirin Tor in human form. - A city-state founded upon a large island west of Kul Tiras Khaz Modan ruled by the Proudmoore family.
- The Laughing Skull clan, led by Laughing Skull Mogor the ogre lord, remained in Draenor during both of the crossings into Azeroth.
- One of the four corrupt Lethon green dragons who once served as Ysera's Lieutenants.
- Lord Uther the Lightbringer, a cleric of the Lightbringer Holy Order of Northshire and founder of the Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand.
- The Lightning's Blade clan, led by an unknown Lightning's Blade orc.
- A Lightninghoof Tauren named Hagar Lightninghoof in the Thousand Needles.
- Entity created by Lich King (Король-лич, Russian realm) Kil'jaeden the Deceiver from the spirit of the orcish shaman Ner'zhul.
- King Llane Wrynn, child of Llane King Barathen "Adamant" Wrynn, father of King Varian Wrynn, assassinated by the half-orc Garona during the First War.
- One of the Lordaeron seven human kingdoms of the Arathi empire; fell to the Scourge during the Third War, now in the hands of the Forsaken. - Lord Lothar Anduin Lothar was the last descendant of the Arathi royal bloodline; known as the Lion of Azeroth, he was the Champion of Stormwind during the First War and High Commander of the Alliance of Lordaeron army during the Second War.
- Madoran Madoran Bronzebeard - King of Ironforge during the War of the Three Hammers, father of Magni Bronzebeard.
- A tumultuous storm of tidal fury and chaotic energies in the middle of the Maelstrom Great Sea on the location where the Well of Eternity once stood.
- A Magtheridon Pit Lord servant of Mannoroth the Demon King, the later ruler of Outland was imprisoned by Illidan's forces. Currently imprisoned in Hellfire Citadel.
- Mal'Ganis Dreadlord of the Nathrezim, sent by Archimonde to police the Lich King and head up the plot to make Prince Arthas the Lich King's greatest champion.
- Malfurion Stormrage, twin brother of Malfurion Illidan Stormrage, Thero'shan to the forest demigod Cenarius, and companion of Tyrande Whisperwind.
- The Great White Stag, lover of Malorne Ysera and Elune, and father of Cenarius.
- Dragon Aspect of Magic, former leader of the Malygos blue dragonflight.
- Mannoroth the Destructor, a Mannoroth pit lord who quickly became one of the favoured lieutenants of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, the eredar champions of the Burning Legion.
- An Mazrigos orc far seer who defended the demon gate which the lich Kel'Thuzad used to commune with the demon lord Archimonde, he was killed by Prince Arthas.
- The last Medivh Guardian of Tirisfal, son of Aegwynn, while possessed by Sargeras he and Gul'dan opened the Dark Portal.
- Mekkatorque Gelbin Mekkatorque, the current king of the gnomes.
- The loyal elite bear companion of the legendary Misha half-ogre Rexxar.
- A clan of Mok'Nathal half-ogres from Draenor, they currently reside in Mok'Nathal Village, in eastern Blade's Edge Mountains.
- A haven for Moonglade druids where tauren and night elves coexist peacefully, united by their reverence for the spirit of nature.
- A Moon Guard night elf organization of sorcerers and warriors that once followed Queen Azshara but soon became the core of the resistance of the Highborne in the War of the Ancients.
Moonrunner - The only server in-game without a background for the name (Name of a Role-Playing Game Book, from which MMORPG's were born). -The younger brother of the Muradin dwarven King Magni Bronzebeard. During the Second War, Muradin served as official liaison between Lordaeron and Khaz Modan.
- An area in Nagrand Outland, home of the Mag'har (brown orcs) and the Kurenai ( draenei broken).
- A race of cunning and corruptive vampiric Nathrezim sorcerers also known as dreadlords.
- A Naxxramas Scourge necropolis ruled by Kel'Thuzad.
- An advisor to Nazgrel Thrall.
- The current capital city of the Nazjatar naga.
- Neptulon the Tidehunter, Neptulon elemental lord of the Old Gods.
- Elder Ner'zhul Shaman of the orcs, he made the Blood Pact with Kil'jaeden the Deceiver and was later destroyed and transformed into the spectral Lich King.
- A game hunter located in Nesingwary Stranglethorn Vale, Nagrand, Sholazar Basin and the Valley of the Four Winds.
- Nordrassil World Tree of the night elves, grown from an enchanted acorn placed in the new Well of Eternity. - Norgannon, male Norgannon aesir titan, master of arcane magic, knowledge, secrets and mysteries.
- One of the three children of Sabellian Deathwing.
- The great champion of the Sargeras titans, chosen by their Pantheon to defend the worlds they had created. He later joined the side of the demons, thinking the battle could never be won and named his growing army the Burning Legion.
- One of Scarlet Crusade Azeroth's most controversial organizations, their members resort to extreme measures to destroy the undead.
- Scarshield Legion Orc clan living in Blackrock Spire, famous for their fierce battle worgs.
- Leader of the Sen'jin Darkspear trolls when they were found by Thrall, and was killed at the hands of a murloc. The main troll village in Durotar is named after him.
- Elite guards of the Sentinel night elves.
- A secretive sect that manipulated Shadow Council Orcish clans and spread the use of warlock magics throughout Draenor.
- The Shadow Moon Shadowmoon clan, led by Ner'zhul.
- The third wing of Shattered Halls Hellfire Citadel and current residing place of Kargath Bladefist.
- Maiev Shadowsong, a senior Priestess of the Moon during the events of the Shadowsong War of the Ancients, she was later appointed the jailer of Illidan Stormrage.
- The Shattered Hand Shattered Hand clan, led by Kargath Bladefist, was named for the practice of self- mutilation that every grunt in the clan performs.
- The word " Shu'Halo tauren" in their language, Taurahe.
- The Silver Hand Knights of the Silver Hand was the order of Paladins created after the First War by Lord Uther and Archbishop Alonsus Faol.
- The capital city of Silvermoon Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon City was founded by the High Elves after their arrival in Lordaeron.
- Nekros Skullcrusher, former head of the Skullcrusher Dragonmaw clan who used the Demon Soul to control the red dragonflight and its Queen Alexstrasza.
- The air above the Skywall Elemental Plane, above the sun Al'Akir the Windlord holds court in his fortress.
- The Smolderthorn Smolderthorn tribe, Trolls that live inside the Blackrock Mountain.
- Title of Soulflayer (Свежеватель душ, Russian realm) Hakkar, one of the loas of Gurubashi trolls and the final boss of Zul'Gurub.
- Tagar Spinebreaker, leader of the Spinebreaker Bonechewer clan.
- The Spirestone Spirestone clan, ogres that live inside the Blackrock Mountain.
- The Sporeggar, a group of mushroom people currently residing in Sporeggar Zangarmarsh.
- Fandral Staghelm is one of Staghelm Malfurion Stormrage's lieutenants, his radical beliefs and aggressive demeanor often lead him to quarrel openly with Tyrande Whisperwind.
- The Steamwheedle Cartel Steamwheedle Cartel is the largest and most successful of the Goblin cartels in Undermine.
- The Stonemaul clan, once ruled by the Stonemaul ogre Kor'gall, now lives in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Family name of the Stormrage night elf twin brothers Illidan and Malfurion.
- The Stormreaver clan, ruled and founded by Stormreaver Gul'dan.
- A Stormscale naga tribe, currently dwelling in northern Darkshore.
- The ruling family of the Sunstrider high elves, descended from Dath'Remar Sunstrider, the Highborne who led his people into exile to found the kingdom of Quel'Thalas.
- Fount of mystical energy that empowered the Sunwell high elves and their kingdom of Quel'Thalas for over four thousand years.
- A Suramar kaldorei city, home to the High Priestess of Elune, which was destroyed by the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients. - Sylvanas Windrunner, once General of the Sylvanas Rangers of Silvermoon, she later became the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken.
- A desert located in southeastern Tanaris Kalimdor.
- Talnivarr Dreadlord Champion.
- King Terenas Menethil, ruler of Terenas Lordaeron and the Alliance, later killed by his son Arthas.
- Terokkar Forest is a forest zone in Terokkar Outland.
- Ruling family of the Thaurissan family Dark Iron dwarves.
- Defectors from The Scryers Kael'thas Sunstrider's forces. Now aligned with the Sha'tar.
- A group of The Sha'tar naaru (beings made of light) living in Shattrath City.
- A wing of The Steamvault Coilfang Reservoir.
- One of the Therazane elemental lords who commanded the armies of the old gods.
- Current ruler of Thermaplugg (Термоштепсель, Russian realm) Gnomeregan and the Leper gnomes, former friend and associate to Gelbin Mekkatorque.
- Former Thorium Brotherhood Dark Iron dwarves of Searing Gorge and first-rate blacksmiths.
- Thrall Warchief of the Orc race, and the Horde.
- Marn Thunderhorn, the wise and benevolent Chieftain of the Thunderhorn Thunderhorn tauren.
- Thunderlord clan, an ancient Thunderlord Orcish clan on Draenor.
- Tichondrius the Darkener, Lord and first among all of the Tichondrius nathrezim.
- German for Death Talon, a Todeskrallen dragonkin clan at Blackwing Lair.
- The ruling family of Trollbane Stromgarde.
- A Turalyon Paladin of the Alliance, he picked up Lothar's battle standard and sword, and rallied the army of the Alliance to victory over the Horde during the Second War.
- The Twilight's Hammer Twilight's Hammer clan, led by the ogre mage Cho'gall. - A dimension home to an infinite number of Twisting Nether demonic beings.