|Location||Buried at the Ancestral Grounds, Nagrand|
|Relative(s)||Varok (mate), Dranosh (son), Broxigar (brother-in-law), Koruk (father-in-law)|
Remda was the life-mate of Varok Saurfang and the mother of Dranosh. She died shortly before the Horde's first invasion of Azeroth. Before her death, Varok promised her that their son would remain safe and untainted on Draenor, hidden away by the elders of Garadar, rather than accompanying Varok to Azeroth.
Remda was cremated on a pyre at the Ancestral Grounds in Nagrand, in the final resting places of the Saurfang family. After Dranosh's death during the war against the Lich King, Varok laid his son to rest in the same location.
Following Varok's own death, the death loa Bwonsamdi struck a bargain with the old orc's protégé Zekhan and showed him a vision of Varok reunited with Remda and Dranosh in a blissful afterlife resembling the grasslands of Draenor, where Varok could once again spend his evenings with Remda by the hearth and touch her "long missed and almost forgotten" face. Unbeknownst to Zekhan, the vision was a lie.
- Remda: I am afraid for him.
- Varok: Do not be.
- Remda: They are changing our children. They have changed you.
- Varok: The warlocks gave me a gift. I was once powerful. Now, I am the whirlwind. I am war itself. I shall bring glory to my people until my dying day.
- Remda: Our son must not follow your path.
- Varok: Keep him on our world, my love. He will be safe. Untouched.
- Remda: Before you go, what will you name him?
- Varok: He is my heart. He is the heart of my whole world. I will name Dranosh. "Heart of Draenor".
- Dranosh's mother was first mentioned in the Deathbringer Saurfang raid encounter in Icecrown Citadel, introduced in patch 3.3 in 2009. She also features indirectly in Varok's dream at the beginning of A Good War. Her name was not revealed until the release of the 2020 novel Shadows Rising, more than 10 years after she was first mentioned; the book's author Madeleine Roux was bothered by the fact that the character had never been given a name.
- ^ a b Shadows Rising, pg. 78 - 79
- ^ a b Deathbringer Saurfang#Quotes
- ^ a b c A Good War, pg. 3 - 4
- ^ Shadows Rising, pg. 215
- ^ Its Always Sunny in Stormwind! Ep 17: The One with Madeleine Roux (1:19:15 - 1:19:50). Warcraft Radio (2020-07-21). Retrieved on 2020-08-06.
- ^ Box and Jacquilope 2020-07-03. The Kun-Lai Campfire: Shadows Rising Interview with Madeleine Roux (21:20). YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-07-06.