Rend Blackhand (tactics)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- For character background and biography, see Dal'rend Blackhand.
|Location||Blackrock Stadium, Upper Blackrock Spire|
After the Horde was defeated in the Second War, Rend Blackhand, son of the first warchief, brought the remnants of his clan to Blackrock Spire and fought the Dark Iron dwarves for possession of the stronghold. Rend allied his orcs with Nefarian and the black dragonflight, who routed the dwarves and expelled them from Blackrock's upper reaches.
Stage One: Gyth
The Warchief mounts a deadly chromatic drake and assaults the Blackrock Stadium.
- Gyth — A fully matured chromatic drake, capable of breathing fire, ice and acid.
- Freeze — Gyth sends out a blast of ice, stunning players in front of him for 6 sec and inflicting 139 to 161 Frost damage every 3 seconds.
- Chromatic Chaos — Gyth is empowered with chromatic energy, increasing his chance to hit by 20 and reduces his damage taken by 25% for 5 min.
- Flame Breath — Gyth breaths fire, inflicting Fire damage to all players in front of him.
- Corrosive Acid Breath — Gyth breaths corrosive acid, reducing the armor of all players in front of him and inflicting Nature damage every 5 seconds.
- Knock Away — Gyth inflicts Physical damage to his current target, knocking them away.
Stage Two: The False Warchief
When Gyth reaches 25% remaining health, Warchief Rend Blackhand dismounts and joins the fight.
- Whirlwind — Warchief Rend Blackhand attacks in a whirlwind of steel, inflicting Physical damage to all players within 8 yards every 2 seconds.
- Cleave — Warchief Rend Blackhand inflicts Physical damage to his current target and their nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Mortal Strike — Warchief Rend Blackhand inflicts Physical damage to his current target, reducing the effectiveness of their healing received by 50% for 5 sec.
- Frenzy — Warchief Rend Blackhand goes into a frenzy, increasing his attack speed by 60% for 2 min.
This encounter is pretty simple, once several waves of enemies are taken out (Either 1 Elite chromatic dragonkin and an orc handler or 2 dragonkin; and 3 chromatic whelps) he will come through the gate to face you. It is important to note throughout this fight that a multitude of orcs spawn at the top of the arena. They will remain there until the event is completed.
This fight can be done simply: Everyone DPS Gyth (His mount) until Rend falls off, then another Tank keeps Rend busy while everyone finishes Gyth off, from there it is an easy matter of DPSing the crap out of Rend until he falls. 2 warriors, 2 Rogues, 2 mages, a Priest, a Warlock, and 2 of any other class can bring him down without even coming close to any deaths.
Note that if anyone has the (UBRS key), by equipping it and Using it he can summon a giant spectral dragon (Vaelastrasz the Red, whom you will later fight in Blackwing Lair), who will heal everyone for five thousand as well as damage Rend. Nefarius will eventually banish him, however timely use of the UBRS key can ensure victory. Summoning Vaelastrasz when Rend falls off Gyth triggers him to attack Rend, while using it any any time beforehand only causes him to heal the raid. The ring is on a 3 minute cooldown, and this is shared with any other raid member who holds a Seal of Ascension. Equipping the ring will also randomly provide a +100 Resistance buff to any school of magic that Gyth uses.
For mages, warlocks, hunters, and other classes with (temporary) pets, it is important that you do not put them on aggressive mode, since they might aggro the spectators on top of the ledge with ranged attacks. This is especially important to mages using Mirror Image: since there is no pet bar for the mage to control the images, they will attack the nearest hostile target in range should they still be up after Rend's and Gyth's deaths (namely, the spectators). A mage soloing this event should either DPS Rend and Gyth slowly to ensure the images despawn before the end of the fight, or not cast it at all.
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Excellent... it would appear as if the meddlesome insects have arrived just in time to feed my legion. Welcome, mortals!
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Let not even a drop of their blood remain upon the arena floor, my children. Feast on their souls!
- During the battle
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Do not force my hand, children! I shall use your hides to line my boots.
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Foolsss... Kill the one in the dress!
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Concentrate your attacks upon the healer!
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Your efforts will prove fruitless. None shall stand in our way!
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Inconceivable!
- Warchief Rend Blackhand yells: Sire, let me join the fray! I shall tear their spines out with my bare hands!
- Warchief Rend Blackhand yells: Defilers!
- Warchief Rend Blackhand yells: Impossible!
- Rend Blackhand's entrance
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: THIS CANNOT BE!!! Rend, deal with these insects.
- Warchief Rend Blackhand yells: With pleasure...
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: The Warchief shall make quick work of you, mortals. Prepare yourselves!
- Buffing Gyth
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Taste in my power!
- Lord Victor Nefarius yells: Your victory shall be short lived. The days of both the Alliance and Horde are coming to an end. The next time we meet shall be the last.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Hotfix (2005-04-21): Hotfixed a bug that was causing Rend Blackhand's corpse to disappear immediately after he was killed.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Rend Blackhand's treasure table has been modified.