To complete this achievement, Elder Nadox needs to remain separated from the Ahn'kahar Guardian that spawns. The guardian causes the boss to become immune to attacks until the guardian is killed or the distance between the two is greater than 30 yards. There's a variety of positioning that can be used to accomplish this:
- Kite Elder Nadox to the northwest up the path (and not down the stairs toward the entrance)
- Have one person kite the spawned guardian to another room while the rest of the group stays with the boss.
- Keep the boss at one end of the room and have one person pull the guardian to the other end of the room. The room is large enough to break the immunity aura.
- Warriors are able to break the invulnerability buff on Elder Nadox by using . Warrior tanks will need to be careful with using this option, as it will require them to change from to .
Elder Nadox can not be kited up the stairs towards the entrance of the instance. If a group attempts to do this, the boss will berserker enrage with a 500% increased damage berserk buff. The damage done by this enrage will wipe a party.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.