- Main article: Rifleman (Warcraft III)
The brave dwarven riflemen have faithfully protected their mountain kingdom of Khaz Modan for hundreds of years. Yet, as new threats arose to threaten their hard-won freedom, they offered their expert skills and tenacity to the Alliance. Using the legendary single-shot Blunderbuss Long Rifles, riflemen are excellent marksmen and can shoot both land based and airborne opponents.
World of Warcraft
Many dwarven riflemen take up the role of mountaineer.
Deadeyes are orc riflemen introduced by the Kor'kron of the True Horde but later also deployed by the Iron Horde and the Fel Horde of Draenor, using modern firearms against the enemies of their respective Warchiefs. Years later, Deadeyes can still be found in the ranks of the Mag'har. The is common among their ranks.
- Rifleman Wheeler - Dun Morogh
- Rifleman Middlecamp - Dun Morogh
- Rifleman Torrig - Silithus
- Rifleman Brownbeard - The Shattered Halls
- Rifle Commander Coe - The Stockade
- Deadeye Kail - Durotar
- Kharanos Rifleman - Dun Morogh
- Dun Morogh Rifleman - Dun Morogh
- Bael'dun Rifleman - The Barrens
- Dark Iron Rifleman - The Wetlands
- Dun Garok Rifleman - Hillsbrad Foothills
- Tauren Rifleman - Silithus
- Ironforge Brigade Rifleman - Silithus
- Crimson Rifleman - Stratholme
- Durnholde Rifleman - Old Hillsbrad Foothills
- Alliance Rifleman - Battle for Mount Hyjal
- Valiance Keep Rifleman - Borean Tundra
- Westguard Rifleman - Howling Fjord
- 7th Legion Rifleman - Dragonblight
- Forgotten Rifleman - Dragonblight
- Argent Crusade Rifleman - Dragonblight
- Tortured Rifleman - Halls of Reflection
- Skybreaker Rifleman - Icecrown Citadel
- Stockade Rifleman - The Stockade
- Twilight Rifleman - The Wetlands
- Krom'gar Rifleman - Stonetalon Mountains
- Stonetotem Rifleman - Stonetalon Mountains
- Northwatch Rifleman - Southern Barrens
- Triumph Rifleman - Southern Barrens
- Risen Rifleman - Stratholme
- Schnottz Rifleman - Uldum
- Time-Twisted Rifleman - End Time
- Shieldwall Rifleman - Krasarang Wilds
- Alliance Rifleman - Shadowmoon Valley
- Lunarfall Rifleman - Lunarfall
- Fort Wrynn Rifleman - Talador
- Southport Rifleman - Spires of Arak
- Lingering Rifleman - Spires of Arak
- Garrison Rifleman - Tanaan Jungle
- Lion's Watch Rifleman - Tanaan Jungle
- Kor'kron Deadeye - Durotar
- Blackrock Deadeye - Tanaan Jungle
- Grom'kar Deadeye - Everywhere on Draenor
- Felblood Deadeye - Tanaan Jungle
- Dark Iron Rifleman - Dun Morogh
In the RPG
A rifleman's tactics are fairly basic; find a nice corner from which he can survey as much of the surrounding area without being spotted as possible, plot an escape route, and wait for his target to walk into his sights.
The dwarven rifleman is a native of the Ironforge clans who specializes in use of the long rifle. Typically, they use their climbing skills to work their way into a good vantage point, then rain death upon their enemy from above. Riflemen usually have long beards and wear blue, hooded cloaks. They carry a long rifle against their shoulder and scowls on their faces. Riflemen are dwarven sharpshooters.
Dwarven riflemen are the first ranged units available to the humans. Bravery Brew has become the favorite of many dwarven riflemen companies.
Recently introduced to the pandaren are firearms, which are beginning to take a more important role in the way the pandaren wage war. While only a few of the shao'dins have rifle regiments, the pandaren have taken to the rifle like a dwarf to ale. Some pandaren riflemen even go so far as to travel abroad to learn the shooting techniques of other races, and bring the best techniques back to Pandaria. These riflemen mark a new evolution in the way the pandaren wage war, a change to traditions that most likely have not altered in millennia.
- The dwarven rifleman description during the Warcraft III alpha was as such: "The stoic warriors of Ironforge and Khaz Modan have long been renowned for the craftsmanship of their steel and their ability in battle. With the aid of the inventive Gnomes, new and deadlier weapons have been brought into play as the Dwarven Demolition Squads find new ways to use their explosive black powder with more refined effect."
Dwarven scout a rifleman
Ancient protector holding a dwarf rifleman.
On the Battle for Azeroth Alliance wallpaper.