The Ring of Trials, also called the Nagrand Arena, is an arena located in Nagrand, southeast of Garadar. It was, along with the Circle of Blood Arena, added in The Burning Crusade and thus among the first arenas added to the game. Unlike most arenas, Ring of Trials can be accessed in the outdoor world in addition to its instanced version, serving as a PvA arena. Lorewise, it used to be an ancient orcish proving ground, although before the destruction of Draenor it was built using imperial ogre architecture.
The arena is a simple, open field with 4 supporting columns near the middle. The starting areas are opposite each other.
- Using the columns for LoS and positioning is a central part of this arena.
- Healers and casters can kite players around the columns to avoid being hit.
- Tricky hunters can place a traps at a column.
- Legion update of the Nagrand Arena
The spectators include non-targetable:
- Frostwolf Leader
- Frostwolf Warriors
- Frostwolf Grunts
- Frost Wolves
- Warsong Leader
- Warsong Grunts
- Warsong Warriors
Outside the arena:
Outside the arena as seen in Nagrand.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Updated.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Removed the cyclone that would appear one minute into the fight and randomly spin into players, slowing and damaging them.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.
|The Ring of Trials||Old Nagrand Arena||Updated Nagrand Arena|