- For other uses, see Risen Ghoul.
Risen Ghoul is a ghoul pet created from a corpse using the Unholy death knight's ability. They can be sacrificed using the ability to return health to the death knight. The ghoul has unlimited duration and is controllable by the death knight, acting like a hunter or warlock pet. The ability empowers all the ghoul's abilities, as well as giving the ghoul a 100% damage buff for the duration.
Stats and scaling
- Like all class pets, ghouls' base stats scale with their level.
- At level 80, ghouls have 13380 base hp.
- Ghouls receive 45% of their master's stamina.
- Ghouls receive 40% of their master's resilience rating.
- Ghouls do not inherit any armor.
- Ghouls receive 70% of their master's strength.
- Ghouls receive 2 attack power per point of strength.
- Ghouls' have a "weapon" speed of 2.00.
- Gnaw deals 12% of a ghoul's AP-modified "weapon" damage.
- Ghouls gain hit chance and expertise based on their master's hit chance, according to the patch 3.2.0 "If a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums."
- Ghouls receive 100% of their master's haste.
Previously, a Risen Ghoul could be summoned by any death knight. The creature would only last for 2 minutes outside of the Unholy specialization (which had the passive ). Considering that neither Blood nor Frost death knights could empower Risen Ghoul, the cooldown frequently was activated only for the purpose of using .
In patch 6.0.2, was restricted to Unholy death knights and saw the removal of the Master of Ghouls passive (it was no longer necessary).
Performing a /cower or /soothe emote will cause him to roar at you. Performing a /glare emote will cause him to cower until you perform /soothe.
- There has been an occasionally reported bug with ghoul pets where they freeze or disappear. Although not a great solution, apparently a work around is to get the ghoul killed in-game.
- It's possible to have your Ghoul spawned while mounted. Using the Dungeon Finder tool, be sure you are mounted when you enter the dungeon. Before you exit, make sure your pet is summoned. When you return to your previous position, you will be remounted, but your pet will not be dismissed.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): and abilities are no longer on a global cooldown, and no longer cost Energy.
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=91800
- ^ http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t42606-pet_discussion_garg_aotd_ghoul/
- ^ Non-blue post: 1. Re: (Bug) Death Knight Ghoul Unusable 01/12/2009 11:00:11 AM PST by Duman
- ^ Non-blue post: 0. Ghoul Pet Bar Grayed Out - Ghoul Unresponsive 01/16/2009 02:51:45 PM PST by Inscription