Chieftain of the Darkspear tribe, |
Darkspear Troll Champion
|Race||Jungle troll (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Darkspear tribe, Horde, Horde Council, Warsong Offensive|
Chieftain, representative, and champion of the Darkspear tribe, Representative of the Darkspear on the Horde Council,|
Scout of the Horde,
Member of the Warsong Offensive,
|Companion(s)||Talanji, Rexxar, Chen Stormstout (formerly)|
Rokhan (pronounced ROH-kawn) is a veteran shadow hunter of the Darkspear tribe, said by Thrall himself to be the Horde's best scout. After the Third War, he assisted Rexxar to halt Admiral Proudmoore's campaign and notably participated in the war in the alternate Draenor. After the death of Vol'jin, he was considered a potential public face for the Darkspear trolls, though they had not found a new leader yet.
Rokhan became instrumental to the winning over of the Zandalari Empire to ally with the Horde, becoming close friends with the princess, and later queen, Talanji. When the Horde became divided between Varok Saurfang's revolutionaries and Sylvanas Windrunner's loyalists, Rokhan stood by Saurfang's side. Following Saurfang's death and abandonment of the Horde by Sylvanas, the Horde reunited and elected to form a council style leadership over choosing a new Warchief. Despite his private doubts Rokhan, with his tribe's faith and the encouragement of the Horde leaders, became the new Chieftain of the Darkspear tribe and their representative on the Horde Council.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Quests
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Appearance
- 7 Notes and trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Formerly led by Sen'jin on the Darkspear Islands, Rokhan joined Thrall and his Horde when he saved them from the Sea Witch and led them to Kalimdor. After the Battle of Mount Hyjal, the trolls settled on the Echo Isles off the coast of Durotar, but Rokhan remained in Orgrimmar as a scout for Thrall. When Rexxar came to Orgrimmar with Mogrin's report, Thrall asked Rokhan to accompany the beastmaster's trek through the wilds.
Rokhan and Rexxar found humans on the coast of Durotar after they got to the observatory in Gar'thok's outpost, and when they reported to Thrall, he sent them back to find the outpost ruined, and the humans quite hostile.
Rokhan began to worry about his own people on the Echo Isles and thought that perhaps they should come to the mainland to avoid any danger. Thrall agreed and sent Rokhan and his band to the Echo Isles to warn Vol'jin and see them off the island.
After destroying the battleships that blocked their path and lighting signal fires for the outlying village, Rokhan and Rexxar were sent to a summit in Thrall's place. When they were ambushed, Thrall, hoping to finish things peacefully, sent Rokhan and his friends to Theramore Island to secretly parlay with Jaina Proudmoore.
With Jaina's aid, they discovered the invaders were led by Jaina's own father Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, who was determined to wipe out the Horde in Durotar. Rokhan battled alongside Rexxar as they hastily traveled around the Barrens enlisting aid from their allies. Finally, the human and orc forces clashed in a titanic battle at Tidefury Cove, and when the orcs emerged victorious, they chased the humans back to Theramore. Rokhan helped to lead the raid on Theramore and battled Daelin Proudmoore's elite forces beside Rexxar.
Cycle of Hatred
Tensions remained high between the orcs of Durotar and the humans of Theramore. War nearly broke out once again, due to the scheming of a minor demon Zmodlor and a few Burning Blade cultists. Rokhan was still in Thrall's service as a scout - his finest - and made a sudden appearance to warn the Warchief of reinforcements to Northwatch Hold on the border between human and orc territory.
Wrath of the Lich King
During the war against the Lich King, Rokhan could be found in a small camp named Dragon's Fall in the Dragonblight. As the Scourge was raising frostwyrms to send against Horde forces at the Wrathgate, Rokhan and his dragon hunters were tasked with destroying them. Though most of the frostwyrms were easily dealt with the undead dragon Sarathstra was proving to be problematic. After receiving reinforcements, Rohkan was able to call Sarathstra down and the Horde was quick to kill frostwyrm.
Having returned to Durotar, Rokhan was forced to lead a band of his people trapped outside of Orgrimmar to safety during the War Against the Nightmare. He was contacted by Malfurion Stormrage to do battle against the Nightmare Lord but the troll was more focusing on safeguarding his people.
The Iron Tide
When the Dark Portal turned red, Rokhan helped stop the Ironmarch invasion in Blasted Lands and was located in the Shattered Landing along with the remnants of the now-occupied Okril'lon Hold and the Horde soldiers. He sent the goblin Scout Pazaztick to scout the Dark Portal but Pazaztick was killed in the act. Rokhan also sent adventurers to kill some Iron Horde executioners and free their prisoners.
Warlords of Draenor
Rokhan appears in Frostwall commander's garrison in Frostfire Ridge as a member of the Azerothian expedition to Draenor where he oversees various actions and events throughout the continent. He was present in Talador to participate in the fall of Warlord Azuka Bladefury.
He put together a plan for striking at the heart of Everbloom Wilds in order to draw the Botani back into the jungles of Gorgrond, giving the Horde room to maneuver around them. He requested the rescue of friendly troops that have been taken prisoner in the main Bloodmaul compound at Stonefury Cliffs by the Bloodmaul ogres. He was concerned at the Shadowmoon clan's proximity to key choke points leading into Shadowmoon Valley, and put out a request to thin their forces. When some of Horde's best scouts went missing in the vicinity of the lost ruins of Veil Anzu, Rokhan requested any available resources be dispatched to identify the threat and see if any of the men yet remain alive within the ruins.
When a Horde player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Rokhan can be found in the Undercity alongside other notable leaders of the Horde. During , he is present at the ceremony hosted by Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner that congratulates the character for their battles against the Alliance, following their receiving of the from the Warchief, as well as an artifact appearance.
Following the creation of the Orgrimmar Embassy, Rohkan could be found within the building, seemingly representing the Darkspear tribe. During the speech of Sylvanas Windrunner about recruiting new allies, she referred to the people present as the "leaders of the Horde".
Battle for Azeroth
Rokhan was part of the Horde's strike team to free Princess Talanji and Zul of the Zandalari from the Stormwind Stockade. While on the mission they also encountered Varok Saurfang, who had recently been captured at the Battle for Lordaeron. While Varok refused to go with them, they did accomplish their mission to free Zul and Talanji before fleeing the city.
Later, he joined Talanji's Expedition in Nazmir on Zandalar. He personally led the efforts in converting the nearby Zul'jan Ruins into the expedition's main outpost within Nazmir and then joined the fight against the blood trolls within the region. He conferred with Talanji in determining the best way to attack the blood trolls and agreed with her plan to call upon the local loa for aid. Following the death of Hir'eek, who was corrupted by G'huun, and a bargain being reached with Bwonsamdi, Rokhan would arrive at the Zo'bal Ruins and be informed of the recent events. While Talanji joined with the local Tortollan Seekers in seeking out Torga, Rokhan journeyed on ahead and established a base within Gloom Hollow.
When he received word that his reinforcements, the Gob Squad, were captured he called for heroes of the Horde to rescue them. Once the Expedition and Horde forces were secured, Rokhan led his forces back to Zul'jan Ruins in preparation for the assault on Zul'Nazman. He subsequently participated in the assault on the blood troll capital that saw to the death of Grand Ma'da Ateena and Taloc being blasted into Uldir itself. With the battle finished, Rokhan journeyed to discover where Titan Keeper Hezrel was. After finding the Titan Keeper, Rokhan learned about the Underrot and upon deciding to return to the Zul'jan Ruins, Rohkan would request adventurers to inform Baine Bloodhoof of the events within Nazmir and aid Titan Keeper Hezrel in his mission. During the battles within the Underrot, Hezrel would be killed but his mission in destroying the Unbound Abomination would be completed. Upon learning of the events within the Underrot, Rohkan remarked that the abomination's death was a good thing, but was saddened by the death of Hezrel. He expressed his fears that despite that the conflict wasn't over due to the fact Taloc still needed to be taken down and expressed his hope that G'huun would remain sealed.
When the Blood Gate came under attack by the blood trolls, Rokhan led a strike team from Nazmir into Zuldazar to cut off the blood trolls. However, during the fighting, he became trapped behind enemy lines and was subsequently rescued by Speaker of the Horde. Working together the pair were able to breach the lines and secure the pathway for Talanji's own attack on the blood trolls attacking the Blood Gate.
When the Echo Isles came under attack by Zalazane who had returned as a lich, Rokhan returned home to aid in the defense and Talanji accompanied him. It was eventually discovered that Vol'jin's spirit was lost, which deeply concerned Bwonsamdi. He tasked Rokhan, Master Gadrin, and Talanji with performing a seance to find the lost Warchief. With the presence of his old teacher and friend, Vol'jin appeared, not to reveal what happened to him, but to say that the Shadowlands were in turmoil: G'huun's influence was spreading without the Grand Seal, and trolls of the past and present alike cried out for justice against the Blood God. The time to end G'huun was nigh and Vol'jin requested they use his glaive to stab G'huun's corpse to draw his blood and show all of Zandalar that the old god is dead. Talanji then accompanied a team of Horde adventurers into the Underrot and Uldir to defeat G'huun and Rokhan was present when Talanji presented their victory over G'huun to the Zandalari Empire.
Rokhan participated in a meeting with Talanji and Blood Prince Dreven in the Zo'bal Ruins about the status of the Alliance and Horde. He reported the progress made by Ranger Captain Areiel. Upon learning that the Alliance killed her, Rokhan ordered Dreven to use his power to move rocks in a collapsed tunnel between Nazmir and Vol'dun in order to attack the Alliance forces there. After Dreven left, the Darkspear champion explained Talanji the deal with the san'layn and Sylvanas, and they subsequently left as well. Unbenknownst to them, the meeting was spied on by an Alliance adventurer.
Tides of Vengeance
During the Faction Assault on Stormsong Valley, Rokhan helped defend Warfang Hold against the Alliance alongside Usha Eyegouge and his old friend Rexxar. He also participated in the Faction Assault on Drustvar, where he conducted a ritual with Master Gadrin and Madam Konawla to imbue adventurers with the ancient powers of trolls in order to fight against the Alliance's Purified forces. As the Faction Assault on Nazmir neared its end, he ordered the death of Captain Beamwind.
In preparation for their attack on Dazar'alor, the Alliance tricked the Horde into thinking that they were moving to attack through Nazmir by creating an unnatural fog with the Abyssal Scepter. It was Jaina's hope that with the Zandalari focused on Nazmir, the harbor would be open for an attack by the Alliance fleet. As the Alliance attacked the Blood Gate, Rokhan, in a heroic stand, held off the Alliance and their champions before being captured. Determined to rescue the shadow hunter, the Horde struck against the Alliance and succeed in freeing Rokhan from his imprisonment by Blademaster Telaamon.
After his liberation, Rokhan joined the Horde and Zandalari in striking back against the Alliance. He united with Talanji and the Speaker of the Horde in heading towards Zalamar to do battle against the Alliance. Amidst the fighting, Rokhan was tasked with discovering the exact location of the Alliance general, who is revealed to be none other than his former captor Blademaster Telaamon. After determining his exact location Rokhan reunited with his allies and aided them in killing Telaamon. With the blademaster dead, Rokhan and the Speaker regrouped with Talanji and Rakera to put an end to Alliance operations. Following the destruction of the Abyssal Scepter, Rokhan and his allies learned that Telaamon and his forces were a bait to lure them away from Dazar'alor in order to weaken the city's defenses. Realizing that the city was in danger, the combined Zandalari and Horde army rushed back to defend the city, with Rohkan among them.
Within the Orgrimmar Embassy, Rokhan revealed to the Speaker of the Horde that after everything the Horde and Zandalari have been through together, the Zandalari belonged in the Horde and that Talanji has invited them to witness her coronation. Rokhan and the Speaker of the Horde were granted a special honor as part of her personal entourage, escorting her to the temple of the Loa. When Mutinous Zanchuli Devouts attacked, he was seen speaking with Gadrin, Shadow Hunter Narez, and Shadow Hunter Mutumba. Riding with Talanji in special garb atop a Zandalari Direhorn, he later attended Talanji's coronation standing alongside the leaders of the Horde.
After the resurrection of Derek Proudmoore, Rokhan took part in the ritual to contact Vol'jin at Baine's request, as the tauren chieftain sought to learn who urged Vol'jin to name Sylvanas Windrunner Warchief of the Horde. He later accompanied Talanji, Baine, and the Horde champion to the Necropolis. When Baine was arrested, and Zelling was killed for their parts in freeing Derek from Horde captivity, Rokhan knew Sylvanas' actions would only throw more fuel onto the fire of the Horde's disunity even though they needed to stick together against the Alliance.
Rise of Azshara
In order to help Thrall and Varok Saurfang save Baine Bloodhoof from execution, he gave them a totem of stealth feeling that they would be needing it and promised to keep an eye out for them. As Sylvanas Windrunner and Varok Saurfang called their loyalists for battle, Rokhan answered Saurfang's call and met with the Horde's leadership in Dustwallow Marsh. Following Saurfang's death and Sylvanas's betrayal of the Horde, Rokhan was among the Horde heroes who attended Saurfang's funeral. The shadow hunter reflected that he never had a good feeling about the war and simply tried to make the best of a bad situation. He also admitted that he was wrong to have thought that Sylvanas had the Horde's best interest at heart and expressed his belief that he should have done more for Saurfang.
Visions of N'zoth
In the aftermath of N'Zoth's death and the end of the Fourth War, Rokhan and the other Horde leaders received the terms for an armistice from the Grand Alliance, putting the Fourth War on hold indefinitely, if not permanently. With that matter settled, Lor'themar Theron addressed the absence of a Warchief. Despite support for Thrall to take the mantle on again, he refused, citing that he had promised Varok Saurfang he would not take on the role once more. Instead, he brought up the idea of the Warchief being necessary, instead bringing in the belief that a change was needed for the Horde's leadership. With this, the Horde Council was created. Knowing that the Darkspear were looking at Rokhan for guidance, the other leaders of the Horde approached him to lead his people. However, Rokhan was uncertain, though Baine was able to convince the troll that he had proved himself in Zuldazar and Stromgarde, and that as the Darkspear had faith in him, so did Baine. Recognizing Baine's words as true, Rokhan took his place as the new Chieftain of the Darkspear tribe and their representative the council.
Remarking that the Darkspear tribe has always stood with the Horde, Rokhan stated the Horde was their home, the place where they belong. Thus, he declared that whatever the future brings, it came for both the Horde and the Darkspear.
In light of Queen Talanji's call for the Horde to respond to the Zandalari wounds during a Horde Council meeting, Rokhan voted in her favor. The friction in the meeting forced Thrall to call the meeting adjourned, and an assassination attempt was made on Talanji soon after. Unaware of Bwonsamdi's role in the event, Rokhan solely praised Zekhan for saving Talanji, declaring that he had the reflexes of Kimbul. Seeking to help Talanji, Rokhan and the rest of the council empowered Zekhan, still grieving the loss of Varok Saurfang, with a critical mission to aid Talanji and help uncover the rising threat against her.
After Zekhan sent word that another assassination attempt was made by a war party, Rokhan journeyed to Dazar'alor on a flying machine provided by Gazlowe to personally help Talanji, joining the fight against the Widow's Bite. When Thrall and Ji Firepaw arrived in the city to inform Talanji that the Widow's Bite were working with the Banshee loyalists, they were attacked by the Widow's Bite, and Rokhan aided them in fending off their attackers. Sometime after, Rokhan joined the Horde and Zandalari forces in striking against the Widow's Bite and the Banshee loyalists assaulting Bwonsamdi at his Necropolis.
Rokhan alongside his fellow council members convened atop of Grommash Hold where they informed Horde champions of the return of the Scourge and the abduction of Thrall and Baine Bloodhoof. They also learned from Valeera Sanguinar that Jaina Proudmoore and Anduin Wrynn had also been abducted, and that an attempt was made on Tyrande Whisperwind, who neutralized her attackers. These champions were subsequently sent to unite with the Knights of the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade in order to combat the returning enemy. Rokhan acknowledged this as a perilous time for the Horde, stating that if they weren't careful then Death would take hold of Azeroth, and that they had to stay vigilant. He then declared that the Horde had to remain strong, no matter what rises from the shadow.
From within Grommash Hold Rokhan acknowledged the many trials and dangers the Horde faces, he then voiced pride on being on the council that will lead the Horde forward. He further declared that Vol'jin was the finest warchief the Horde had ever known and hoped to honor his memory by never letting the Horde forget the sacrifices Vol'jin made for them.
Rokhan was among the Horde leaders to convene with the leaders of the Alliance and Bolvar Fordragon at the Frozen Throne within Icecrown Citadel. While desiring to rescue his friends Rokhan knew that he couldn't risk the stability of the Horde and send their fellow leaders on what might well be a suicide mission. In light of Tyrande Whisperwind's hostility when Lor'themar Theron encouraged the Alliance to do the same, he prepared himself for battle but stood down when Bolvar called for it. He then witnessed the ritual to open the doorway to the Maw and watched as championss of Azeroth, the Knights of the Ebon Blade, and even Tyrande enter to rescue their comrades and seek out Sylvanas. He subsequently left Icecrown.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Port of Zandalar||123||51,876,000|
|Battle for Stromgarde||??||13,477,000|
|Battle for Stromgarde||??||4,312,640|
- Battle for Stromgarde
- Chain Lightning — Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 15 + 30% of Spell Power ] Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects up to 5 total targets.
- Greater Serpent Totem — Creates a Greater Serpent Totem, which casts Serpent's Breath at nearby enemies.
- Hex Bomb — Transforms an enemy into a frog, rendering it unable to attack or cast spells for 5 sec.
- Hex Bomb — Curses the target, after 3 sec the target transforms all nearby enemies into frogs for 5 sec.
- Sinkhole Totem — Summons a totem that collapses into the ground pulling all enemies within 20 yds to it, inflicting 52 Nature damage.
- Pestilence — Inflicts 30 Plague damage to the target over 15 sec.
- Pestilent Hex — Transforms the target and any allies within 10 yards into frogs, rendering them unable to attack or cast spells for 8 sec. Any players coming into contact with these frogs will be afflicted with Pestilence, suffering 30 Plague damage over 15 sec.
- Serpent Wards — Summons several Serpent Wards nearby that periodically attack enemies at random for 5 Fire damage.
- Shadow Word: Pain — Utters a word of darkness, inflicting Shadow damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 18 sec. This effect stacks.
- Veil of Shadow — Reduces healing effects for nearby enemies by 60% for 15 sec.
Battle for Azeroth
Please add any available information to this section.
- For unit quotes, see Quotes of Warcraft III/Orc Horde#Rokhan.
- "How you doin', mon?"
- "Pardon, boss-man, but if the humans be comin' from the sea, my tribe on the Echo Isles could be deep in the danger, too!"
- "Warchief, Admiral Proudmoore's forces have begun their advance! They'll be here any moment!"
World of Warcraft
- Don't ya worry, mon. Just leave it to Rokhan. She be comin'.
Mon, da west wastes of dis place be full o' baddies. Stay away from dis here area if ya want to live!
- When I hear of tings out there in da world ya should be hearin' of, I'll be lettin' ya know.
Battle for Azeroth
- Main article: Battle for Azeroth: Mission Statement#Notes
- Main article: The Stormwind Extraction#Notes
- Main article: Journey to Nazmir#Notes
- Main article: Nazmir, the Forbidden Swamp#Notes
- Main article: Into The Darkness#Notes
- Main article: Battle for Stromgarde#Quotes
- Main article: Romp in the Swamp#Notes
- Main article: A Display of Power#Individual dialogue
- Main article: Old Soldier (Horde)#Leader dialogue
- Horde Council
- Main article: Warchief of the Horde (quest)#Notes
- For the Darkspear!
- I be listenin'.
- Whatcha got, boss?
- I've lost me head! It was about, ah, yea big. If ya find it, let me know.
- Sadly, the name "Pinkspear tribe" already be taken.
- You wanna know how I got dese scars?
- Dis your ting? Everyone got a ting now.
- Come back if ya need me help.
- Don't be gettin' mixed up in da voodoo.
- Watch ya back.
- In Zuldazar during introduction questline
- I never be settin' foot on Zandalar before. Zuldazar be more grand than anythin' I believin' before today.
- Watchya back, mon. The Zandalari may be lookin' prim' n' proper, but they still be trolls. Troll society be unforgivin' to those that be seen as weak.
- Orgrimmar Embassy
- The spirit of Ol' Vol'jin still be strong in dis city, mon. Da work ya be doin' honors his memory.
- Nazmir - Gloom Hollow
- We almost done with dis, <name>. Just gonna keep goin' a little further.
- Nazmir - Tul'vor
- We got ta win dis war, mon.
- De Zandalari be dependin' on us.
- Talanji's coronation
- I be honored dat Talanji asked me to witness dis. We have spoken some about her future, and dat of de Zandalari. I hope she will see dat our people are bound to one another. We will be stronger together dan we are apart.
- I am certain you have a part to play in dis, still. Perhaps you can convince her where I did not.
- War Campaign - Blood Gate
- De Alliance gonna be stopped here.
- Orgrimmar Embassy
- Da Darkspear tribe have always stood shoulda'ta to shoulda'ta wit' da Horde. Dis be our home, da place we belong.
- Whatever da future brings for da Horde, it bring for da Darkspear.
- Main article: Death Rising#Horde
- Grommash Hold
- Da Horde be facin' many trials. Many dangers.
- I'm proud ta be a voice on da council dat's gonna lead us forward.
- Vol'jin was da finest warchief we ever knew... and a good friend. I can only hope ta be honorin' his memory by never lettin' da Horde forget da sacrifices he made for us.
In the game, he has three different appearances. His typical appearance is that of his armor he was given in Wrath of the Lich King. During the Battle for Stromgarde and inconsistently during the defense of Zuldazar from the blood troll invasions, Rokhan was given a similar but new appearance that wore a full set of armor, boasting an and unique belt. His final unique appearance only shows up during the Zandalari allied race recruitment questline and in the cutscene during , where he wears an entirely unique set of armor with the Honorbound tabard.
Notes and trivia
- Rokhan has little patience for goblins and their antics.
- He can sense mojo in objects.
- Rokhan is mentioned by his friend Witch Doctor Jin'Zil in Stonetalon Mountains, who remembers when Rokhan helped "that crazy mok'nathal" kill the harpy Bloodfeather during the Founding of Durotar.
- At the start of and , Rokhan mounts a blue pterrordax. While accompanying players in , he uses a , while during the Zandalari recruitment questline he rides a .
- Rokhan's beard from Warcraft III is missing in World of Warcraft as the default troll model has no option for them. This also applies to his TCG art, which is based directly off his World of Warcraft model.
- It is possible Rokhan simply shaved off his beard at some point, similar to Khadgar.
- During the Stormsong Valley Faction Assaults, his generic name is Troll Scout.
- During the Battle for Azeroth beta, Rokhan was originally a champion. He was replaced by Shadow Hunter Ty'jin.
- Rokhan is voiced by Abubakar Salim starting with Battle for Azeroth.
Rokhan as a Spirit Wyvern.
Rokhan's appearance prior to Warlords of Draenor.
Rokhan at Shattered Landing.
On Old K'zlotec.
In the Warchief of the Horde cutscene.
Conversing with Baine after the formation of the Horde Council.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13):
- Added to Grommash Hold.
- Removed from the Orgrimmar Embassy.
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added to the Orgrimmar Embassy after Warchief of the Horde.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 126
- ^ a b
- ^ a b Shadows Rising, pg. 148
- ^ a b
- ^ a b Before the Storm, chapter 3
- ^ a b
- ^ a b Shadows Rising, pg. 51
- ^ a b Cycle of Hatred, chapter 17
- ^ Stormrage
- ^ Negotiation – Cinematic (Spoiler)
- ^ Shadows Rising
- ^ A Chilling Summons
- ^ Andrea Toyias on Twitter - "Of course! I have been waiting soooo long to share these amazing new actors with you!! Both STILL give me chills every time I hear them. Both are out of the UK. Rastakhan: @KayiUshe . Rokhan: @Abzybabzy . You can't know how great it was to work with them!!! They gave us soo much!"
Chieftain of the Darkspear tribe