Ruins of Mathystra
The Ruins of Mathystra are located in northern Darkshore, just past the Tower of Althalaxx. Mathystra used to be a night elven city before the Great Sundering, but it was utterly decimated by the destruction of the Well of Eternity, and has long since been abandoned by the night elves in favor of the smaller coastal villages further south.
The ancient ruins were inhabited for a time by the Stormscale Naga, who aggressively guarded against any intrusions from outside sources. After the Shattering, Shatterspear trolls destroyed the nearby Tower of Althalaxx, and stationed themselves in the ruins, staging an attack to Lor'danel. They established the Shatterspear War Camp next to the ruins. Several night elves are now scouting the area to learn about the trolls intentions and movements.
- Rembar Bellanne <Provisioner>
- Sentinel Tysha Moonblade
- Keynira Owlwing
- Balthule Shadowstrike
- Lieutenant Morra Starbreeze
- Mathas Wildwood
As as result of the conflict between the night elves and the trolls, Shatterspear Laborers and Shatterspear Overseers are located throughout the area, with the latter dropping . The ruins around descend into an area where Sheya Stormweaver floats above a pool of water, surrounded by Shatterspear Shamans.
|This section is a lore stub.|
During the War of the Thorns:
During the Battle for Darkshore:
- The WoW manual shows the Blackfathom Deeps entrance here (it was located here during alpha), and a ruined structure identical to the current entrance with no purpose (until it was made Sheya Stormweaver's domain) can be found here.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Updated to Legion night elf architecture.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): The ruins were invaded by Shatterspear trolls, and the naga apparently left. Night elves scout the trolls' movements.