Rule 2: Keep a Low Profile
A Soul Ward, idle
|Level||60 (Requires 60)|
|Rewards||12 28 50|
Reinforce 4 Soul Wards.
- Soul Ward reinforced (4)
Though you may wish to depart with your precious souls in tow, we now have additional matters to settle first.
The Eye of the Jailer is upon you. And that does not bode well for either of us.
Take this device. You will reinforce my wards to ensure he does not take notice of me as well.
The last thing I need is a loud, inelegant mortal bringing more attention my way. I can't have the Jailer capturing me, after all.
I'm far too valuable.
You will receive:
- 12 28 50
- +4 reputation with Ve'nari
Our business is not yet complete. Attend to my wards.
That should be enough to hide us from the Jailer's sight.
I need you alive. For the time being, at least.
Now, back to business.
- Ve'nari says: Rule 2: Keep a low profile. The Maw is no place for theatrics. Get in, get what you want, and get out... while endeavoring to retain your limbs and other possessions.
The four wards are in the refuge, marked on the minimap. Click on the ward, then use the quest item on it:
- Ve'nari says: Now that the Jailer's noticed you, you're doomed. Anything of import you do in the Maw will catch his attention. And attention is exactly what we don't want.
- Ve'nari says: First he'll turn the soulseekers on you. Then the towers. Then his kill squads. And after that... well, you don't want to know. Surgical and meticulous--that's how you stay alive.
- Ve'nari says: The good news is that you're safe here in my refuge. Not so out there. Remember, should a tragic fate befall you, some of that precious stygia might slip through your fingers.
- Ve'nari says: Fret not, mortal. A day at most away from his gaze, and the Jailer will turn his attention elsewhere. Then it will be safe for you to venture out again. To acquire stygia. For me.
- Beta description
- You certainly create a commotion moving about, don't you?
- The last thing I need is a loud, inelegant mortal bringing more attention my way. I can't have the Jailer capturing me, after all.
- I'm far too valuable.
- We'll just have to reinforce the wards, then.
- Beta progress
- Close your mouth, Maw Walker. Attend to my wards.
- Beta completion
- That should be enough to keep him off of us. Good.
- I need you alive. For the time being, at least.
- Alpha description
- You certainly make a great deal of noise moving about, don't you? The last thing I need is a loud, inelegant Maw Walker bringing more attention my way. I can't have the Jailer capturing me, I'm too valuable.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.