Rumbles of Thunder (quest)
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Vale of Eternal Blossoms|
|Reputation||+2850 The Lorewalkers|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
Bring the Rumbles of Thunder to Lorewalker Cho.
The foreboding sound of thunder has haunted my people for generations. And as you have discovered in your own research, Lei Shen is at the heart of that fear.
Thank you for your diligence!
What we know of Lei Shen are dark legends that have been remembered over the vast span of time. I often wondered if these legends had exaggerated the power of Lei Shen. But your research would suggest they may have greatly underestimated the Thunder King. These are dark days indeed.
We will add this knowledge to your collection. If you wish me to narrate this for you, simply point at the correct volume in your Private Collection.
- 236000 XP
- +2850 reputation with The Lorewalkers
Upon completion of the Pandaria exploration achievement, Lorewalker Cho sends a letter via the in-game mail system. The letter has an item attached that starts this quest. see the achievement for more details.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The mogu tell a legend about Lei Shen, the Thunder King.
- Lorewalker Cho says: It is said that he tore out the very heart of the mogu God. And from that hateful act he gained power over wind and storm.
- Lorewalker Cho says: His followers fell to their knees before him. "We will call you 'The Lightning King,'" they said.
- Lorewalker Cho says: But Lei Shen did not agree.
- Lorewalker Cho says: "Lightning strikes in an instant and is over in a flash," he said.
- Lorewalker Cho says: "But thunder. Thunder! Thunder proclaims the coming of the storm."
- Lorewalker Cho says: "Thunder quakes the skies long before the lightning strikes, and thunder echoes in the hills long after lightning's power is spent."
- Lorewalker Cho says: "It is thunder that sends animals cowering and fills the hearts of peasants with dread. Let thunder be my herald, so that my power is felt throughout the land."
- Lorewalker Cho says: "I will be... The Thunder King."
- Lorewalker Cho says: Oh my friend - that awful sound. For a hundred hundred generations the crash of thunder filled the hearts of pandaren with terror.
- Lorewalker Cho says: It is said that after the revolution, the Red Crane of Hope placed the rainbow in the sky, so that pandaren would know not to fear the storms any longer.
- Lorewalker Cho says: I do not see any rainbows today. Do you?
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.