|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- Warlocks use every tool at their disposal, including friends.
Sacrifice is an ability of the Voidwalker, a warlock minion. It consumes a portion of the Voidwalker's health, granting the warlock an absorption shield that is similar to a priest's ability. The ability consumes 25% of the voidwalker's base health, so as long as the voidwalker isn't near death, there is very little chance that the use of this ability will kill the demon. The duration of the Sacrifice shield is 30 seconds.
Sacrifice is learned automatically by your Voidwalker at level 28.
It's very useful when using , making a getaway or to extend your life in PvP combat. Using Sacrifice in Battlegrounds is especially useful because when you die and resurrect, you get your Voidwalker back without having to re-summon it. Even if you are not Demonology specced, this ensures that'll you be able to sacrifice him at least once without having to re-summon.
This spell was known as "Sacrificial" Shield during the Beta tests.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): No longer kills the Voidwalker, but instead only sacrifices a portion of its health.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Now grants the Warlock damage absorption, rather than full immunity. Duration has been increased.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Sacrificial Shield renamed Sacrifice