|Race(s)||Mushan, Saurok (Beast)|
|Location||Rumbling Terrace, Valley of the Four Winds|
Salyis's Warband - often called Galleon or just "Gal" after the primary creature in the fight, a massive mushan - is a world boss found at Valley of the Four Winds in Pandaria. The warband is a party of saurok led by Chief Salyis and mounted atop Galleon.
The ruthless saurok roam Pandaria, stealing what they can and harassing the island's other inhabitants. The most infamous of these reptilian pillagers are Chief Salyis and his warband. For years, the saurok commander and his raiders have stormed through the Valley of the Four Winds atop Galleon, a colossal and well-armed mushan that is more a moving fortress than a simple mount.
- 647,934 - 751,816 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Fire Shot — Saurok Skirmishers riding on Galleon's back fire flaming crossbow bolts at random players, inflicting 30,000 Fire damage.
- Stomp — Galleon stomps the ground, inflicting 150,000 Physical damage to players within 100 yards and knocking them down for 3 sec. Instant.
- Cannon Barrage — Chief Salyis orders his minions to fire off eight powerful cannon blasts. Each blast inflicts 600,000 Fire damage to players within 10 yards and knocks them back. Instant.
- Salyin Warmonger — Chief Salyis's Warmongers periodically jump down from Galleon's back to engage players.
- Impaling Pull 10-40 yd range — The Warmonger uses an Impaling Pull to bring a distant target towards them and inflict 30,000 Physical damage. 0.5 sec
Salyis's Warband is mostly a tank and spank fight, with some add fight considerations depending on the raid's efficiency, and including high amounts of raid damage. Still, the mechanics are straightforward, and there are no phase changes aside from the periodic influx of adds. Its difficulty is therefore modest even with a raid of at-level players. As a world boss, the Warband was designed to be faced by a large raid, but any given group may bring more or less players to adjust the difficulty accordingly. By the end of the Mists of Pandaria raid progression, a group of 15-20 players were easily sufficient to defeat the boss in just a couple minutes, with only one moderately-geared healer to keep everyone alive.
Only one tank is required to hold Galleon's attention; the adds may be picked up by an optional second tank or simply killed before they become a problem. The main tank must make sure to stay close enough to Galleon's head not to be hit by Cannon Barrage, while the rest of the raid should stay under or behind Galleon. Healers should be prepared for intense raid-wide healing after each Stomp, as well as an increase in pressure when adds arrive. Damage dealers will primarily be focusing on Galleon. At high enough gear/roster levels, the raid may be able to simply focus down Galleon before or slightly after the first adds arrive, otherwise they should be killed with area of effect abilities or kited. Once the primary boss is defeated, Salyis will announce the retreat and the adds will disappear.
- Chief Salyis yells: Loot and pillage, bwahahaha!
- Chief Salyis yells: Bring me their corpses!
- Fire Shot
- Chief Salyis yells: Arm the cannons! Ready! Aim! FIRE!
- Killing a player
- Chief Salyis yells: They are soft, weak!
- Chief Salyis yells: Retreat to the hills!
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-07-29): Spawn timer reduced to 15 minutes.
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot.
- Hotfix (2013-05-21): Galleon should now use the correct loot table while awarding loot.
- Hotfix (2012-10-04): Galleon can no longer be taunted, and both he and his companions are now more dangerous.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.