|Location||Sunset Brewgarden, Dread Wastes|
|Student(s)||Lya of Ten Songs|
Sapmaster Vu is a pandaren quest giver in Sunset Brewgarden within the Dread Wastes. He is part of a long line of courageous (or crazy) pandaren brewmasters who brave the Dread Wastes in hopes of finding exotic ingredients to brew the best beverages. Most notably, Vu uses the amber sap from the kypari trees to make his signature . He worries that the corruption of the Sha of Fear will eventually destroy all the kypari trees and make his craft impossible.
During the Dread Wastes storyline, he uncovers a Klaxxi prophecy and, convinced that it is actually a beer recipe, goes on a trip with the player, Lya of Ten Songs, and Olon the Chuggernaut to find what the prophecy/recipe has in store. The trip leads to the freedom of the Klaxxi Paragon Iyyokuk the Lucid and the creation of his new Dreadbrew during , which can be used to help Han Stormstout.
He is later seen selling his strange brews with Olon on the Timeless Isle.
- Main article: Sacred Recipe#Notes
- Main article: Fate of the Stormstouts#Notes
- Main article: Bound With Shade#Notes
- Main article: Sunset Kings#Notes
- Main article: Blood of Ancients#Notes
- Greetings, friend. Can I get you a mug of anything?
- What are you doing here?
- That's a good question. We're a strange lot... not many pandaren choose to live on this side of the wall.
- In short, we're making beer. Not just any beer, though... beer brewed with the sap of the great kypari trees.
- Beer made with sap? That sounds...
- ...disgusting, I know. But it's not.
- The amber that these trees produce has amazing healing properties. The mantid can't get enough of it. They consume it, they use it in their weapons and architecture... I've even heard legends that they embalm their great heroes in the stuff.
- And you make beer out of it.
- Exactly. The traditions of the sapmasters reach back through countless generations. I am but one link in a chain of sap-thirsty pandaren.
- Sometimes, however, I fear that I may be the final link.
- Why is that?
- The trees are dying. Kypari Vor is already dead... a victim of the sha. It will never again produce amber. It barely even looks like a tree anymore.
- The few amber-producing trees that remain are either being overharvested by the mantid, or in danger of succumbing to sha. Either way, no more sap means no more sapmasters. At which point, I'd have to return to my old job.
- What was your old job?
- Dumpling presser.
- <Vu sighs.>
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.