|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- Scarab Lord
- Opened the gates of Ahn'Qiraj.
The Scarab Lord is a title rewarded for opening the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj by completing the quest . The Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and Temple of Ahn'Qiraj instances can only be made accessible by finishing the player-driven questline at the end of which the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are opened. This title is no longer obtainable because all new realms were brought online with the Gates unlocked, and the Cataclysm expansion saw the removal of all quests relating to the world event.
In addition to all players on a realm working towards completing the War Effort, one player had to create the Scepter of the Shifting Sands - a very difficult task that could only be solved by a server's top guild(s) back when the questline was added. After the war effort was finished and the army of the Alliance and the Horde arrived in Silithus, the Scepter of the Shifting Sands could be used on the Scarab Gong. Doing so resulted in the opening of Ahn'Qiraj. The first player to bang the Scarab Gong on each server would be rewarded with the Scarab Lord title and the . Anyone else who followed them within 10 hours, usually only 1 to 3 people, was rewarded with the title too.
In the lore
- In the short story The War of the Shifting Sands, Shiromar is the Scarab Lord. However, during the Call of the Scarab mini-event, Kalahad is called the Scarab Lord.
- Siege Engineer Quarterflash mentioned the Scarab Lord when talking about heroes that were fighting alongside the 7th Legion in Northrend.
- High Overlord Saurfang in Northrend also refers to the players that have completed the event as Scarab Lord.
- In , players can relive Illidan Stormrage's memory of the raid on the Black Temple. Scarab Lord Ahzesh and Scarab Lord Hamlet are present, and part of Uber Town.