|Location||New Avalon, The Scarlet Enclave|
|Status||Unknown (presumed deceased)|
Attacks and abilities
- Cleave — Inflicts weapon damage plus 438 to 562 to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 4 targets.
- Holy Wrath — Sends bolts of holy power in all directions, causing 811 to 1589 Holy damage to all Undead and Demon targets within 20 yds.
A common tactic players have used to kill him with is by using and kiting him to Crypt of Remembrance and letting the guards there kill him. Or they can kill the other Scarlet Soldiers and let the massive phase 2 Scarlet Ghoul army eventually overwhelm him. However, Borough's Holy Wrath ability allows him to instantly wipe out large numbers (20 or so) of non player undead surrounding him. He is moderately difficult to solo at or below his level but with additional players and/or levels he gets much easier to defeat. The main point is to wipe out his adds as quickly as possible.
When dealing with his knock back effect (Cleave) you can either get around it by bracing yourself against a wall or use it to your advantage by steering the knockbacks to remove you from the range of his adds. His adds have a short leash. Borugh however, does not.
It would be prudent to have as much healing as possible, such as improved rune tap and using attacks such as Unholy Strike, Icy Touch and Death Strike.
Notes and trivia
- He doesn't drop any loot but does grant XP up to Lvl 65
- Although he has no part in any quest, players can use on him during the death knight quest . He is VERY easy to get to talk. Most get him to spill the beans on the first or second application of the buff which makes the Crusaders talk.
- Different players have reported seeing him after starting different quests so the exact trigger quest is unknown.
- It is unlikely that his role is simply to control the ghoul population, which has a timed life span and seems to be capped at roughly 30 per gate. It is more probable that he has the specific skills that he has to prevent unattended macroing in the gateways themselves. He appears randomly destroys large numbers of ghouls that a botter would use for protection and knocks around any players in which he takes an interest, in random directions until he or they are dead.
- He was originally a reference to Jesse McCree, a former game developer for Blizzard Entertainment.
- Patch 9.1.5 (2021-11-02): Renamed from Scarlet Lord Jesseriah McCree to Scarlet Lord Borugh.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.