|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- For the lore of the zone, see Scarlet Monastery. For the modern dungeon including the Graveyard, see Scarlet Monastery (instance).
Scarlet Monastery loading graphic
|Location||Whispering Gardens, Tirisfal Glades|
|End boss||Bloodmage Thalnos|
The Scarlet Monastery Graveyard is a part of the Scarlet Monastery complex. The Graveyard is intended for players between level 28 and 33, and can be done even without a full group, usually with 3-4 people.
- Main article: Scarlet Monastery
The monastery was once a proud bastion of Lordaeron's priesthood - a center for learning and enlightenment. With the rise of the undead Scourge during the Third War, the peaceful monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade. The crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed.
Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess whose guardians seem difficult, if not impossible, to fell in battle.
|Chamber of Atonement · Forlorn Cloister · Honor's Tomb|
The Graveyard, the left-most entrance, is the easiest and smallest. The mobs are almost entirely undead; and, unlike most instances, most are non-elite.
In the Chamber of Atonement
In the Forlorn Cloister
- Azshir the Sleepless (Rare spawn)
- Fallen Champion (Rare spawn)
- Ironspine (Rare spawn)
- Headless Horseman (Hallow's End)
In Honor's Tomb
|Interrogator Vishas||Dagger, dual-wield||Shadow Word: Pain||32|
|Scarlet Sentry||Sword/Shield||Backhand||30-31 non-elite|
|Scarlet Scryer||Skull||Shadow Bolt, Fear||30-31|
|Bloodmage Thalnos||Staff||Shadow Bolt, Fear, Shadow Bolt Volley, Immolate||32|
|Faction||Quest name||Quest giver||Quest giver location|
|Alliance||Hero's Call Board||Any capital city|
|Captain Nials||Refuge Point, Arathi Highlands|
|Joseph the Awakened||Scarlet Monastery, Graveyard|
|Horde||Warchief's Command Board||Any capital city|
|Doctor Gregory Victor||Hammerfall, Arathi Highlands|
|Dark Ranger Velonara||Scarlet Monastery, Graveyard|
- Main article: Scarlet Monastery loot
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Merged into the new Scarlet Monastery instance.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): NPCs no longer bow to a player with .
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Loot from all bosses greatly improved.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Capped at ten players.