Scarlet Monastery Library
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- For the lore of the zone, see Scarlet Monastery. For the modern dungeon including the Library, see Scarlet Halls.
|Scarlet Monastery Library|
Scarlet Monastery loading graphic
|Location||Whispering Gardens, Tirisfal Glades|
|End boss||Arcanist Doan|
The Library is part of the is part of the Scarlet Monastery complex. The Library is for players between level 32 and 36, and requires five people to complete at this level range.
- Main article: Scarlet Monastery
The monastery was once a proud bastion of Lordaeron's priesthood - a center for learning and enlightenment. With the rise of the undead Scourge during the Third War, the peaceful monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade. The crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed.
Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess whose guardians seem difficult, if not impossible, to fell in battle.
The Library, the right-most entrance, consists of three sections: the Huntsman's Cloister, with Scarlet Beastmasters and the boss Houndmaster Loksey; the Gallery of Treasures; and the Athenaeum with the boss Arcanist Doan.
|Athenaeum · Gallery of Treasures · The Grand Vestibule · Huntsman's Cloister|
- Scarlet Gallant - Melee, uses Crusader Strike and
- Scarlet Beastmaster - Casts Shoot and Exploding Shot (fire damage to the target and and nearby party members). Has a Scarlet Tracking Hound following him.
- Scarlet Chaplain - Casts , , and . Kill these quickly.
- Scarlet Adept - Casts Holy Smite and .
- Scarlet Monk - Casts Thrash (allows the caster 2 additional attacks) and .
- Scarlet Diviner - Casts and
|Faction||Quest name||Quest giver||Quest giver location|
|Alliance||Hero's Call Board||Any capital city|
|Mizzy Pistonhammer||Fort Triumph, Southern Barrens|
|Joseph the Awakened||Scarlet Monastery, Library|
|Horde||Warchief's Command Board||Any capital city|
|Huntsman Markhor||Revantusk Village, The Hinterlands|
|Dark Ranger Velonara||Scarlet Monastery, Library|
|Neutral||Dominic||Scarlet Monastery, Library|
- Main article: Scarlet Monastery loot
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Merged into the new Scarlet Halls instance.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): NPCs no longer bow to a player with .
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Loot from all bosses greatly improved.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Capped at ten players.