Scholomance Dark Summoner
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
|Level||41 - 42 Elite|
- Curse of Blood — Increases the Physical damage taken by an enemy by 1 for 20 sec.
- Drain Life — Drains 240 health from an enemy over 5 sec., transferring it to the caster.
- Summon Risen Lackey — Summons 1 Risen Lackey to aid the caster in battle for 1 min.
The Scholomance Dark Summoners are part of groups of either two or three mobs. These groups consist of the Summoners themselves and one or two Scholomance Necrolytes. The Necrolytes generally attack with .
The Summoners need to be seen as the priority targets of their mob group and removed as quickly as possible, since if they remain alive and attacking, they can gradually summon a large number of Skeletal Lackeys which will overwhelm the player group.
The Summoners' health is not overly high and so the player group should be able to tank the Necrolytes' fire for the short period of time needed to kill the Summoner.
If you have priests...
Mind Control the Summoner and make them fight the other two. Then cut in and attack them. Also, interrupt their summon spells — other than this, there's nothing special.
If you use a mage...
If you have a hunter...
If the Hunter is level 70, they can use in conjunction with Multi-Shot in order to keep the attention of the Summoner and several of the Risen Lackeys focused on the main tank. A hunter at lower levels can also make use of to rapidly remove a large number of Risen Lackeys at once.
Re. Patch 2.0.1
It should be noted that since the patch, the Summoners' in-combat behavior has been noticeably different than before. They now frequently run about ten yards away during the middle of the fight, which can cause a domino effect of additional aggro. Luckily, if your group uses the right strategy, this can be avoided. Simply incapacitate the Summoner using or sheep, take out the other mobs in the group, then put full DPS on the Summoner at the end. They can't run if they're dead.
- Hmmm, this one looks like something that would be better off as a windchime. Take note class... This is NOT what you want to summon in the heat of battle.
- Note the weak binding structure of this one. Be sure to finish your incantations or this is what you will end up with.
- Wow, this one is just plain useless. Let me try again.
- Now this is an example of what not to summon. Look, it's frail and brittle. One good whack from a mace will send bone shards flying.
- This one is slightly better than the last. However, it still suffers from the same flimsy bone structure as the others. When you summon one of these, you are on the right path.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 58 - 59.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Combat behavior updated.