- All mages are pyromaniacs…at least a little bit.
Scorch is a level 13 Fire mage ability that deals fire direct damage. Its short cast time offers proportional damage output when compared to other direct damage fire spells. Scorch's damage is instant once the spell is cast. It is a blast effect rather than a missile or projectile. This makes it hard to trace back to the casting mage.
In the Icecrown TCG set
- Fan art
Scorch by Joe Jusko.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Now learned at level 13.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now learned at level 14. Damage reduced by 75%.
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Damage increased by 18%.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage increased by 27%.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 18.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now learned at level 40. Damage increased by 100%. Base mana cost reduced to 1%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now learned at level 22. Damage reduced to 25% of spell power.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): No longer a talent and is now available to Fire Mages at level 48. Base mana cost increased from 0.1% to 2%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent and can be cast while moving.
- Hotfix (2010-11-23): When Scorch is cast by a mage who has Improved Scorch Rank 2, it will no longer consume Clearcasting.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Range increased to 40 yards, up from 30.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage increased.
- ^ ,