|Race||Felblood elf (Humanoid)|
|Level||71 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Magisters' Terrace, Isle of Quel'Danas|
You are awarded 120 reputation with the Shattered Sun for killing him in normal. You are awarded 250 reputation with the Shattered Sun for killing him in heroic.
Once a respected captain of Kael'Thas[sic] Sunstrider's personal guard, Selin Fireheart has maintained an unswervingly fierce loyalty to his lord while losing his sanity. Selin has been seduced by the demonic energies of the crystals which surround his chamber, and cannot stop from reveling in their vile power. He will slay any who dare approach the Magister's Terrace and will drink the magic, life, and blood from their dead bodies.
- Drain Life — Selin Fireheart drains health from a player, healing himself.
- Drain Mana — Selin Fireheart drains mana from a player, transferring it to himself.
- Fel Explosion — Selin Fireheart sends out a blast wave of magic, inflicting Fire damage to all players within 80 yards. Each Fel Explosion costs Selin Fireheart 10% of his maximum mana.
- Fel Crystal — Selin Fireheart drains energy from a nearby Fel Crystal, recharging his mana until his mana is full or the Fel Crystal dies.
The first two mobs in the dead center of the room may be safely pulled without attracting the attention of the other two groups. Fight the next two six-pulls out in the hall if you can. Crowd control—sap, sheep, trap, mind control, whatever you have—is useful for these pulls. Engaging the boss will aggro all mobs in the room, so a high-level character running solo is advised to take them out first.
Selin Fireheart is superficially similar to Warlord Kalithresh. Periodically he will run to one of the large green crystals in his room and begin casting Siphon Fel Crystal which increases both his size and (melee and magic) damage dealt while restoring his mana. Once the crystal is completely drained or smashed (whichever happens first) Selin will resume combat while casting Fel Explosion continuously until he is again out of mana. The sooner you break the crystal the less mana he will have to pound your group with Fel Explosion.
The moment Selin begins draining a crystal, everyone not engaged in trying to regain aggro should immediately switch targets to the crystal and destroy it. Alternatively, with sufficient healing one may ignore the crystals and maintain damage on Selin; 1800 +heal should be sufficient for this.
When combat with Selin begins, an orange barrier (similar to the one blocking the rear exit of the room) will appear and block the archway you came in through, so make sure that everyone and their pets are fully in Selin's room before the fight begins or they could possibly become stuck outside (or stuck in the barrier). Note that aggroing Selin will also aggro all remaining Wretched.
One might be able to break Selin's Drain Life by simply jumping off the stage and breaking his line of sight.
A Badge/Kara geared team should have little difficulty with this boss as his aoe is able to be healed through on normal with medium difficulty.
Same fight, crystals have considerably more hp however and need to be taken down faster than in normal mode to avoid too much mana regain. He will also drain mana from players, however, it is negligible. He will, of course, do his Fel Explosions after a Drain Mana. As with the Drain Life, the Drain Mana can be interrupted or dispelled.
- You only waste my time!
- Draining from a Fel Crystal
- My hunger knows no bounds!
- Selin Fireheart begins to channel from the nearby Fel Crystal...
- No... more, I must have more!!
- Yes!! I am a god!
- Kill (normal)
- Enough distractions!
- Kill (empowered)
- I am invincible!
After killing this NPC you will gain:
- 120 reputation with Shattered Sun Offensive
- 275 reputation with Shattered Sun Offensive
- Selin is voiced by Christopher Corey Smith.
Given his description as a captain of Kael'thas' personal guard, it might refer to the Royal Guard.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Added.