- Not to be confused with the Sepulcher (a town in Silverpine Forest) or the Sepulcher of Knowledge (a library in Maldraxxus).
|Sepulcher of the First Ones|
|End boss||The Jailer|
|Player limit||10 - 30|
The Sepulcher of the First Ones is the final raid instance of the Shadowlands expansion, located in Zereth Mortis. It is an ancient place of power, containing secrets of the eponymous First Ones that the Jailer seeks to use to rewrite the rules of the universe.
The Sepulcher is a place that should not be able to exist according to the laws of physics as they are known on Azeroth. Prior to the Jailer's attack, the Sepulcher's location was a closely guarded secret. The attendants of Korthia were forbidden from discussing it, even with allies.
Long ago, the Jailer sought to unmake the balance of the cosmos and tried to claim the sigils of the other Eternal Ones, believing that they were keys to forbidden knowledge locked within the Sepulcher that would allow him to unravel the cosmos. The Primus believed that if the Jailer obtained all five sigils, nothing would be able to stop him from reaching the Sepulcher. The Primus was eventually proven right, when the Jailer managed to collect all five sigils and opened a portal to Zereth Mortis from Oribos.
The brokers of Cartel Ba and Cartel Al have also been looking for the Sepulcher. The Al outbid Cartel Ta on leading an expedition to search for the Sepulcher. The mission was believed to have ended in failure, but in reality, the seekers found Zereth Mortis and became the Enlightened.
- Amidst Ourselves
- Power ON
- Shimmering Secrets
- ^ a b c d World of Warcraft 2021-11-11. Eternity’s End – Developer Preview | World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. YouTube.
- ^ a b
- ^ Sylvanas Windrunner (tactics)#Post-cinematic dialogue
- ^ Lore Book: What Lies Ahead
- ^ Opulence Ba'hare#Quotes
- ^ World of Warcraft: Grimoire of the Shadowlands and Beyond, pg. 151