|December 14, 2006||The Burning Crusade|
|Alliance / Horde ratio||1.7:1|
Bladefist is a PvE Pacific Standard Time Server in the Whirlwind Battlegroup. The server launched on December 14, 2006. It was the first of the new realm openings in preparation for the launch of the Burning Crusade expansion. Launched at the same time were the realms Misha, Ravenholdt, and Maiev.
The name of the realm comes from Kargath Bladefist (a.k.a. Korgath Bladefist) who is the Warchief of the Fel Horde and Chieftain of the Shattered Hand Clan. He earned the sobriquet "Bladefist" after he cut off his own hand when he reached the station of grunt, replacing it with a deadly scythe (see The Bladefist). Hereafter, he quickly rose to the station of Chieftain of the Shattered Hand.
- 1 Guild List
- 2 Wrath of the Lich King Raid Progression
- 3 Burning Crusade - Top 10 Guild Progression
- 4 Cataclysm Realm First! ACHIEVEMENTS
- 5 Wrath of the Lich King Realm First! ACHIEVEMENTS
- 6 Realm History
- 7 Sources
|Broken Axe Brigade||—||Armory|
|House of Telvanni||Web||Armory|
|I Am Canadian||—||Armory|
|Knights of the Templers||—||Armory|
|Pay It Forward||—||Armory|
|Saints of Forgotten Lore||Web||Armory|
|The Alliance of Tor||Web||Armory|
|The Ardent Guard||Web||Armory|
|The Canadians, Eh||—||Armory|
|The Shadow Guard||—||Armory|
|Because they can||—||Armory|
|Facta non Verba||Web||Armory|
|Gadgetzan Brewing Co.||Web||Armory|
|Only The Strong||—||Armory|
|Sons of Eris||—||Armory|
|Two Dollar Horde||—||Armory|
Wrath of the Lich King Raid Progression
25 Man Raid Dungeons
|Wrath of the Lich King 25-Man Raid Progression|
25-Man Guild Progress - Top 10
|Guild||Obsidian Sanctum||Hard Mode||Plague Quarter||Arachnid Quarter||Military Quarter||Construct Quarter||Frostwyrm Lair||Eye of Eternity|
|Crimson Fury||Cleared||With Two Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|Unrest||Cleared||With Three Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|Salus Novas||Cleared||With Three Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|Relentless||Cleared||With Three Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|Phalanax||Cleared||With One Drake||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||-|
|Victis Honor||Cleared||With Two Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|Wasted Epics||Cleared||With Two Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|Dazed & Amused||Cleared||-||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||-||-||-|
|Unity||Cleared||With Three Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared|
|The Kartel||Cleared||With Two Drakes||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||Cleared||-|
- 25-Man WOTLK Progression - Out of Date
- 10-Man WOTLK Progression - Out of Date
Burning Crusade - Top 10 Guild Progression
|Guild||Karazhan||Zul'Aman||Gruul's Lair||Magtheridon's Lair||Serpentshrine Cavern||The Eye||Battle for Mount Hyjal||Black Temple||Sunwell Plateau|
|Altered Existence||Eradar Twins|
|Cataclysm||High Astromancer Solarian||Azgalor||Shade of Akama|
|Facta non Verba||High Astromancer Solarian||Azgalor||Shade of Akama|
|Affliktion||High Astromancer Solarian||High Warlord Naj'entus|
|Dazed and Amuzed||High Astromancer Solarian||Kaz'rogal||Shade of Akama|
Note that many of the character links will not work at some point after the expansion as players request server transfers or name changes. However, the listing still serves as a history of Cataclysm Realm First! achievements on Bladefist. There are no Realm First! Race achievements for Cataclysm.
Realm First! LEVEL 85
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve level 85:
Realm First! CLASSES
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve level 85 with the following Classes:
Realm First! PROFESSIONS
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve 525 skill in the following Professions:
Realm First! GUILD
- Guild Level 25: (To Be Determined)
First guild on the Bladefist Realm to guild level 25.
- Working as a Team: (To Be Determined)
First guild on the Bladefist Realm to obtain 525 skill points in all professions and secondary professions.
Realm First! RAIDS
- Nefarion: (To Be Determined)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Nefarion in Blackwing Descent without the assistance of any Keepers on Heroic Difficulty.
- Sinestra: (To Be Determined)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Sinestra in the Bastion of Twilight on Heroic Difficulty.
- Al'Akir: (To Be Determined)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Al'Akir in the Throne of the Four Winds on Heroic Difficulty.
Note that many of the character links will not work at some point after the expansion as players request server transfers or name changes. However, the listing still serves as a history of Wrath of the Lich King Realm First! achievements on Bladefist.
Realm First! LEVEL 80
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve level 80:
Realm First! RACES
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve level 80 with the following Races:
Realm First! CLASSES
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve level 80 with the following Classes:
Realm First! PROFESSIONS
First person on the Bladefist Realm to achieve 450 skill in the following Professions:
Realm First! REPUTATIONS
First player on the Bladefist Realm to gain exalted reputation with the Argent Crusade, Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor and Knights of the Ebon Blade.
- Northrend Vanguard: Ëxile
Realm First! RAIDS
- Conqueror of Naxxramas: Crimson Fury
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Kel'Thuzad on Heroic Difficulty in Naxxramas.
- Magic Seeker: Crimson Fury
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Malygos on Heroic Difficulty.
- Obsidian Slayer: Crimson Fury
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Sartharion the Onyx Guardian on Heroic Difficulty.
- Death's Demise: (Unknown)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Yogg-Saron without the assistance of any Keepers on Heroic Difficulty.
- Celestial Defender: (Unknown)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of Algalon the Observer on Heroic Difficulty.
- Grand Crusader: (Unknown)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first conquest of Trial of the Grand Crusader with 50 attempts remaining on Heroic Difficulty.
- Fall of the Lich King: (Unknown)
Participated in the Bladefist Realm first defeat of the Lich King on Heroic Difficulty.
- December 2006
- There were frequent queues when the server first launched. The last new server launch took place in October so players were eager to start on new servers. In addition, the server was "Recommended" for a number of weeks after launch which aggravated the issue. This queues disappeared in time.
- February 2007
- Horde players found themselves in an empty realm. About 75% of the players were Alliance leaving Horde players with lag free gameplay at the cost of very few people to play with. However, the low server population also affected Alliance players too. Items were hard to find on the Auction House and instance groups were also hard to come by so players had a limited supply of items available to them.
- April 2007
- Knights of Shadow disbands. UNITY is formed.
- May 2007
- Mass Exodus from Bladefist-Alliance side. Phoenix disbands, many transfer. Judgement moves to Moonrunner, and guild leader quits game, leaving an opportunity for Unrest to take the lead in Karazhan progression. Salvation and Unrest are currently the two most dominant guilds on the server.
- June 2007
- Realm Transfers are in! With the incoming players Salvation proceeds to demolish King Maulgar in Gruul's Lair, later to also take down Gruul. Salvation also takes Netherspite in their sweeping wave of destruction, the fastest progression known to Bladefist since Invictus took BWL and shook its very foundations. Karazhan groups are becoming more plentiful as the time goes on, with many of them taking Maiden and beyond in the home of Medivh. Things are looking better for Bladefist as we await to see what time has in store.
- August 2007
- Top guild on Alliance and Horde (Salvation/Exodus, respectively) fall apart and reform under new names (Vindication/Resilience, respectively) causing progression to stumble again. Unrest seizes the lead in progression by knocking out the Loot Reaver.
- October 2007
- Vindication begins to push in to the real progression of SSC and downs Hydross and Tidewalker, Meanwhile Horde side more guild break ups and shake ups occur: Blood Ocean splits, and several other smaller guild working to get in to karazhan stumble and fall spliting and joining in to the larger guilds. Resilience slowly leading the horde side progression with Lurker and Loot Reaver downed, but with a few up and coming guilds with eyes squarely on the progression prize.
- Legacy merges with UNITY
- November 2007
- TheStrikeTeam disbands and THE REPLACEMENTS is formed from the remaining members. Divinity also disbands entirely, with no word of reformation from members. On Horde Side, Facta Non Verba and Omen make their alliance known. Omen acting as the full raiding guild and Facta focusing on preparation for raiding players and the leveling of alts. Blood and Thunder dissolves. The small horde guild with a big heart, was unable to find balance with casual play and progression towards end-game.
- January 2008
- After a fair bit of drama, several Vindication members leave for Stormrage US after ninja'ing their guild bank. This opens the door for Unrest to take the lead in raid progression.
- February 2008
- The Canadians, Eh splits into two guilds, forming I Am Canadian for raiding, with casual members staying in original guild.
- Evocation merges with Dancing Divas.
- March 2008
- Resilience disbands, and most of the members leave to join Altered Existence.(AE) quickly clears through all of ssc downing Lady Vashj by early March (still working on Kael'thas). A few other Horde guilds break into the t5 raiding scene with Facta non Verba at scc 2/6 tk 1/4. Cataclysm and Only the Strong both downing VR and Amaze hot on their heels. Alliance progression is much the same with Unrest downing Lady Vashj. Vindication is still working on it.
- The guild Unmet Expectations is folded into the guild The Ardent Guard grant their members access to end-game content and prevent further break up of the guild.
- April 2008
- Bladefist braces for the arrival of the Champions of Gabriel (CoG), a transfer from the realm Norgannon. According to forum posts, CoG has decided to come to Bladefist and "steal" the server firsts on the Council and Illidan.
- The Champions of Gabriel coming to Bladefist turns out to be a hoax. Unrest downed Kael'Thas for the server first. Relentless downs Vashj, two days later Vindication downs her too. With in the next week UNITY had also downed Vashj.
- June 2008
- Unsuccessful alliance between Gosu and Dancing Divas ends with Dancing Divas losing several raiders and having to rebuild.
- Crimson Fury (H) downs Illidan Stormrage <The Betrayer>. June 29, 2008 - Server First.
- July 2008
- The guild Avatars of Pain disbands after the upper officers decide to discontinue play. Most of the remaining members join the guild Seraphim.
- Crimson Fury (H) defeats Kalecgos of Sunwell Plateau.
- August 2008
- The guild Seraphim is folded into the guild The Ardent Guard to grant their members access to end-game content.
- September 2008
- UNITY downs Archimonde.
- October 2008
- Crimson Fury (H) Guild Leadership Changed. New guild web site launched.
- A rift forms in the guild Vindication. As a result, the guild Tenacity is formed.
- UNITY defeats The Illidari Council and Illidan.
- Crimson Fury (H) defeats Kil'Jaeden of Sunwell Plateau. Legendary Bow: Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury to Nolyn of Crimson Fury. October 29, 2008.
- Unrest (A) defeats Kil'Jaeden of Sunwell Plateau. October 30, 2008.
- November 2008
- The guild Final D and Vindication merge to form Phalanx.