|Level||87 - 92 Elite|
|Location||Temple of the Jade Serpent|
All mortals have doubt, and the Sha of Doubt makes them resonate within, paralyzing its victims and killing the soul. Tyrathan Khort described the Sha of Doubt as ripping its victims wide open, making them doubt their worthiness to live and even their own minds. The sha would leave them unable to make a decision because it would convince them that each choice was wrong.
The Burdens of Shaohao
Ten thousand years ago, a vision of the Burning Legion raining down and of the great Great Sundering weighed heavily on Emperor Shaohao. He doubted his capacity to stop this disaster and believed he could not do it alone, leading to the manifestation of the Sha of Doubt. Shaohao was nearly overtaken by doubt until he remembered the words from Yu'lon and looked to the land for answers. He saw that reeds that fought against the wind broke, while the ones that bent with the wind endured and prospered. The emperor realized what he must do and turned his back on doubt. This caused the sha to vanish.
Mists of Pandaria
The Sha of Doubt was released at Serpent's Heart during the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance aided by their newest members the Forest Hozen and Pearlfin Jinyu. Temporarily defeated by a hero, the sha made its way to the Temple of the Jade Serpent as the final boss.
The physical manifestation of suspicion was trapped in the Jade Forest after Emperor Shaohao defeated the entity 10,000 years ago. The Sha of Doubt then grew obsessed with the Jade Serpent--Yu'lon, the Spirit of Wisdom and Foresight--and now delights in the thought of corrupting her home.
Spells and abilities
- Wither Will — Inflicts 14 Shadow damage to 2 random enemy targets.
- Touch of Nothingness — A profound sense of nothingness seeps into the minds of the target and its nearby allies, dealing 8 Shadow damage every 2 seconds.
- Bounds of Reality — The Sha of Doubt phases out of reality, becoming immune to all forms of damage and forcing all enemies to face their own doubt.
Before engaging the Sha of Doubt, the entire party should make sure, including ranged attackers and the healer, to move inside. The gate will close once the encounter starts, locking those far enough from the Sha out of the fight.
The fight itself is mostly a standard tank and spank, except for the Figments of Doubt phase. Periodically, the Sha will make each player fight a shadow copy of themselves, which can overwhelm the less sturdy party members, especially the healer. The simplest strategy here is to kite all figments of doubt together and let the tank gather aggro on them all at once.
The Sha is invulnerable while at least one figment of doubt is alive. Once they are all killed, the fight proceeds as normal again until the next figment phase.
|DPS strength axe|
|Agility leather shoulders|
|Caster leather chest|
|Caster mail shoulders|
|Agility mail gloves|
|Strength DPS cloak|
|Healer cloth gloves|
|DPS plate belt|
- Die or surrender. You cannot defeat me.
- Figments of Doubt
- Succumb to the darkness inside your soul.
- See how effortlessly you become unraveled?
- Killing a player
- Abandon all hope.
- Embrace your despair.
- All is lost.
- You cannot escape me. I am... in... every... breath...
- If a player uses a transmogrified weapon, their Figment of Doubt copy seems to use the abilities of the weapon that provided the looks for transmogrification, rather than the one actually wielded.
- Sha of Doubt is voiced by Richard Green.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.